Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 2228 times)

Offline mc88

• Posting Member
Hey, I'm new here. Ive done a bit of research and just recently found out that I actually have something that can be fixed.

I'm from London Ontario, and am 20 years old. I go to school here but will likely stay here afterwards to work. Ive had this problem for a while now and it has always bothered me. I would hate taking my shirt off it was too hot, because my nipples look terrible if theyre not hard. I am hoping that a few years after school I can get this surgery done, but would not likey many, if anyone to find out about it.
I was wondering if OHIP covers this surgery and the names of some respectable surgeons in London.
How secretitive can one be about this surgery?
If I do have to pay, what are the ball park costs that I would be looking at paying?
Are there any serious risks involved, or is this considered a fairly straight forward operation?

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I was wondering if OHIP covers this surgery and the names of some respectable surgeons in London.

OHIP will cover the gland excision only, not the lipo - and to get OHIP coverage your surgery will have to be performed in a public hospital, not a private clinic.

How secretitive can one be about this surgery?

You will need at least one person to know about your surgery because you will need to be looked after for at least the first 24 hours. There are for hire care services out there if that's not an option.

If I do have to pay, what are the ball park costs that I would be looking at paying?

If you go the OHIP route and only pay for lipo it looks like from what I've read that, in Ontario, you should be able to keep the cost under $2000.

Are there any serious risks involved, or is this considered a fairly straight forward operation?

The riskiest element of the surgery itself is the general anesthetic, as minute a risk it is statistically. Otherwise, the other main risks involve making sure you choose the right surgeon to do the job so that you can be reasonably assured that you will be happy with your result.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024