Author Topic: Bad experience with Lista?  (Read 3834 times)

Offline BB-man

• Posting Member
Hi,

I'm thinking of doing my op with Dr. Lista.

I'm hearing good things on this site about him.

I looked at his website and it indicated a bunch of side effects that can occur.

I'm just wondering if anybody has had a bad experience with him and/or his surgery and if any of the side effects actually orrur on a regular basis.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i think people are generally please from what i've read, however his procedure is not covered by OHIP, you can go to Fielding and get the exact same work done with the bulk of it covered under OHIP, you might have to wait a bit longer tho

Offline T-Cups

• Bronze Member
From what I read, it's not exactly the same work as Lista as the PAL option?  Am I right?

I'm not sure, but i think it's less invasive.. and you may want to confirm that...

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
I'm having my surgery with Lista on Wednesday, so I'll let you know how it goes. The risks posted on his site are the same with any plastic surgeon anywhere, and are incredibly rare (infection, bad reaction to anesthesia, etc).... realistic worst case scenario is that you wont be 100% satisfied with the results... and you can always go in for a touch up.

Lista uses PAL (power assisted liposuction), which from my research seems to be superior to regular tumescent liposuction (do a google search for some non-biased comparisons). You get less trauma to the body, which means less bruising and less recovery time. Also, PAL can remove gland to a certain extent. Lista also uses a "specially designed tool" inserted through the liposuction incision to remove gland... meaning no scars around the nipple.

This info is all on his website... anyway... as I said, I'll keep you all posted.

Offline BB-man

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I've done lost of research on this too. In my opinion, the PAL is worth the money.

anonymous-man... I'm really intrested to know how it goes as I have a consultation with Lista next week.

good luck buddy!

Offline BB-man

• Posting Member
Hey anaymous-man... today was your big day... i hope all went well and please let us know how u feeling man.

I have another question for all you guys...  I am seeing that lots of people here went for Dr. Fielding instead of Lista.. except for anaymous-man and darrion.

I'm kinda concerned with this PAL techinque.. I know its better than normal liposuction, but in my case, I have more breast tissue than I have fat. My question would be, for granular tissue, is PAL still better than exercision?

another question is, does anybody know if Lista can do local anestetics instead of general? I might have a neurological condition where I'd need to stay away from general anestetics as much as possible..

latr dudes
later

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
     Bro you'll have to phone Dr.Lista and ask him these questions.  Or if you can, make a consultation with him.
    I can't speak for others but I personally went with Dr.Fielding because of his lower fees, not any particular technique.  The man does a good job and is praised highly by others on this board.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
bb-man: actually my op is tomorrow morning... thanks for the kind words though. I'll let you know how it goes.

I think the vast majority of people chose Fielding over Lista simply because of the price. I suggest you have a consultation with both and discuss your expectations... choose the one you feel most comfortable with. I think when it comes down to it that they are both excellent surgeons, and you will have great results with either.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024