Author Topic: Puberty Gyne  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Rdrons

• Posting Member
I have just recently found out that i have man boobs/gynecomastia. I am not overweight for my age (13) either.

I just have one question, my left nipple is more tender then my right. Is it possible to have gynecomastia in one nipple? But, the right nipple is just as big as the left.

jdh2511

Thats how it began for me. They alternate. It will pribably go away, but prepare for 2-3 years of torture.

Offline extreme

• Posting Member
I read many websites and got it in my head about 5 years ago that mine was from puberty, now that I am 17, putting it off may not have been the best of ideas since I still have it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Gynecomastia is very common in puberty,  with almost 2/3 of men having it to some degree from that age onward.  

It will go away for some young men, but there are no guarantees and it could take several years.  (Some people will tell you they will go away in a year or so,  several years is more realistic)

At the age of 13,  the bad news is that unless your breasts are quite ponderously large, you would not be considered a good surgical candidate for several years yet.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

I have just recently found out that i have man boobs/gynecomastia. I am not overweight for my age (13) either.

I just have one question, my left nipple is more tender then my right. Is it possible to have gynecomastia in one nipple? But, the right nipple is just as big as the left.

Possible timing for surgery in a teenager depends on many factors.  Gynecomastia that has not gone away by 2-3 years often does not.  Patience can give a better scar than surgery, if it goes away.  Unfortunately for some it does not.  Many years of living with gynecomastia can leave emotional scars and patients telling me that they wished that they had earlier surgery.

Unilateral (one sided) gynecomastia can happen. Breasts of women also are unven.  The factors contributing to the uneven condition are just not known.  However, asymmetry is normal for the human body.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024