Author Topic: Finally made the call...  (Read 2647 times)

Offline jakkob

After reading everyone's experiences here the last couple weeks I've finally made the call and booked my consult.  Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences before and after they were a big help.  This is something I've had to live with for years and I'm not going to let it affect my life any longer.

Cheers to all!

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
congrats on making your decision! keep us posted on your experience.

Offline jakkob

Thanks man... appointment isn't 'til June 5th, but I'm damn pumped now that I've made the decision to do something about it.

Offline jakkob

Less than a week 'til my appointment now and I'm tryin to come up with a list of questions to ask.... what sortov things did you guys ask during your consults?  I don't want to miss anything.  Obviously I'm concerned that if there is a chance to get it done early I might actually miss out on most of the summer weather 'cause I'll be wearing a compression vest and hiding out in air conditioned areas. *laugh*

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
i asked things like when would i be able to work again, work out, scar creams, swelling, how long to keep gauze under the vest, massaging, etc. make sure you write them down when you think of them. i kept forgetting lol.

Offline jakkob

heh, yeah, I've got a little notebook I've started writing down questions in... I don't want to forget anything.  It's sad my appointment took so long to get here... now it's June and even if I had my surgery this month that would sorta suck most of my enjoyment outta summer.   ..Especially if I'm wearing a tight compression vest for most of it.  I was thinking about booking for the beginning of October, unless the doc says that the summer would be manageable.  It's not like I'd be taking my shirt off regardless. *laugh*

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024