Author Topic: Just had a consultation with Dr.Fielding  (Read 2524 times)

Offline rhinokids

Hey all,

First I'd like to thank the community here for sharing all of their stories and knowledge which has definitely guided me in the right direction and helped me tackle my gynecomastia and finally get the wheels rolling on the road to surgery.

On to the good stuff!

I recently had my consultation with Dr. Fielding for my gynecomastia and my surgery fee breakdown looks like this:

Surgical fee: 2200
            HST:   286
Hospital fee:   350
           Total: 2836

Overall, not bad I'd say but I was hoping the total would come to closer to 2K (just under/just over).  Unfortunately HST doesn't agree with me and I wasn't aware of the hospital fee prior to the consult, I suppose it's a small price to pay as OHIP covers the payment for the hospital rooms, nurses, anesthesiologist, etc.

I don't store a lot of subcutaneous fat on my chest, but I do have a pretty bad case of enlarged glandular tissue which has stretched out my nipples, made them 'dome-like' and quite puffy.  Needless to say, it's pretty noticeable with just a t-shirt on and especially without one.

As of now, I haven't booked my surgery date but will call in soon and see what kind of availability there is.

I'll take some pics in the next couple of days and post them up here.  Until then, I'll be glad to help answer any questions anyone has as I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you.

Offline future

• Posting Member
Hi rhinokids,

Good to see that you went for a consultation.  I actually had my surgery on the day of your post (July 18th) with Dr. Fielding.  Mine cost $3300 after all taxes and fees, but I have quite a bit of fat around the area as well as puffy nipples.  The surgery went well and I'm back at home now (I flew into Toronto for the procedure).  It's been less than a week since the procedure and I'm starting to feel better.  There is only some minor pain now.  The pain is mild for the first 2 days or so.  I had 2 large pieces of tissue removed, as well as 450cc of fat.  Now I just can't wait until the 7th day post-op so I can shower lol.  Good luck to you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024