Author Topic: endo  (Read 2727 times)

Offline fourrings

• Posting Member
Who among those that have had surgery have seen an endocrinologist first? I have my date set (Oct 5) with Dr Fielding but have not seen an endo first.  Just curious...

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
meeee

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Fourrings,

I have my op date set as well, but I have been tested for testosterone, estradiol levels etc etc... It's a good idea to get that checked out prior to op, just to be on the safe side..
I know it sucks, but just go to a walk in clinic, and they'll refer you to a blood clinic, and you go there and it's all covered under OHIP. Results will be available in less than a week.. TIP: Go early in the morning if possible, something to do with your testosterone is best measured in the early morning hours.

Offline fourrings

• Posting Member
what specific tests should I have done?  You mentionned testosterone and estradiol levels but what else could I get tested?  Or is that sufficient?  Thanks!

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
what specific tests should I have done?  You mentionned testosterone and estradiol levels but what else could I get tested?  Or is that sufficient?  Thanks!

Your GP will tell you what you need to be tested for.
In terms of what you need to be tested for, there was a several abbreviations on mine, so not sure what they all mean... but it shows you your result.
and if you are within the normal range.

Just go see any Doctor at a walk in clinic if you dont have a doctor, and explain your problem. That's what I did.
Hope that helps...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024