Author Topic: vest causing irritation - okay to stop wearing?  (Read 2995 times)

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone,

I had my gyno surgery done on September 26th, so I am four weeks post op.

For the past week my compression vest is causing me a lot of irritation. I think it's a result of the nerves being more active in the healing process. Since I get this irritation I have only been wearing it at night, but even then it is irritating.

Do you think it's okay to stop wearing the compression vest completely now at four weeks? Or should I persist and try to wear it at night still at least (even though that's only 1/3 of the day)?

I haven't noticed any increased swelling since I have reduced the amount of time I have worn it. I am still sore but swelling hasn't changed, so perhaps the vest won't do much for me at this stage?

Thanks!

hammer

If you have post-op instructions does it tell you when to stop wearing it, or can you give your doctors office a call for advice for this question? I really think that would be the place to go for the answer if possible.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Doctors vary as does the procedure. So ask your doctor.

That said - my own instructions where two weeks of the vest and then switch to two weeks compression shirts. I chose some pretty tough/tight compression shirts. However, my first procedure due to complications I wore the vest 3 weeks and compression shirts for another 4.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024