Author Topic: Surgery in Toronto- have question  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
Hey,
I called Fieldingd office today. Leslie told me that if I want to stay the night at St. Joe's after the surgery (since they won't let me leave on my own afterwards) then I'm going to have to ask Fielding on that day. Why do they have to make this so difficult? Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has stayed the night post surgery even though they didn't have abnormal difficulties or problems that would require them to. I really don't want to rely on my family to pick me up and I'd prefer to stay the night. Do you think they'll let me?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Hard to say I guess... If you live in the GTA, I think you'll have a difficult time getting to stay overnight.

I'm comming from Ottawa, and I will be staying overnight simply to ensure that there are no complications IE: Draining, infections etc

But if you live in the GTA then It's alot easier to go back to St-Joes if you know what I mean...

I don't know their policy, but you should ask at your consultation... I'm sure they'll ensure your happy whichever way it ends up for you.

If I lived in the Toronto area, Personally, I would not want to spend the night.. Just get me home sweet home... lol

Offline FB

• Silver Member
I stayed the night at St. Joe's. They made me because I had nobody to pick me up (came in from Ottawa).
All you have to say is you have nobody to pick you up and bingo - you're in.

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
Hey FB i have surg soon and im also staying at the hospital. I got in the same way you did (just say nobody to pick u up), some questions about the hospital.
1 how was it,
2 do they give u food,
3 was it boring,
4when did u go home?

Offline FB

• Silver Member
1 how was it,
it was fine - great staff
2 do they give u food,
yes
3 was it boring,  
not really, I rented a tv and was on pain killers so I was in a good place