Author Topic: weight training  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Neutron

• Posting Member
this prolly been asked 10000000000 times but here goes haah. im going to be having surgery here soon prolly with the next few months, and right now im in bulking stages.. so would it be better to start to cut and get rid of as much bf as i can? and will i retain my muscle or will some be lost to surgery? sorry just another noob question but thought id ask.

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
The Surgeon would have to be a real butcher to cut off muscle cells. As you work out you aren't growing new muscle cells, your muscle tissue is growing larger.

Just remember that after the surgery you will not be able to do intensive workouts for a while. (Especially chest workouts like bench pressing...) So if you are planning to bulk, you either want to do it before the surgery or WAY after. (On second reading, seems you are already doing the former... Oh whatever, i'll keep this here anyways.)

If anything, the only real worry you should have is losing muscle mass during the recovery period.  ;)

Good Luck dude.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 03:42:05 PM by IlluminaZero »

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
I just quit lifting for about seven weeks after my gyne surgery. After a few workouts with lighter weight to make my muscles remember; I was able to bench press 225#x13 which is about what I was at before. The same goes for military press 170#x15.

It is so great to be able to see a flat muscular chest now.  :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This is a question that you should be asking your Doctor.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024