Author Topic: Dr. Fielding and surgery questions  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Keyboard

• Posting Member
Hi,

I've read this forum for just 10 minutes and registered tonight (techinically this morning, it's 1:11am right now).  Anyways, I've heard Dr. Fielding is a very reasonably priced surgeon and since I live in Toronto, it would also be beneficial for me to get the surgery done by him.  Now, I have a mild case of gyno, but it still ruins my physique and I'd like it to be removed.  Is there an age limit that he will not go below?  I am 18, is this ok?  Also, how long does one have to wait to before he can go back to the gym and continue working out?  I've heard 6 weeks, but this seems like quite a long time to me, I've also heard areas in the ballpark of around 1-2 weeks.

Oh, does OHIP cover any of the costs, and is there any student discounts?  I'm first year college.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
Hey, we are in the same club!  I got Fielding, he is pretty good.  The whole operation cost around $3K, but OHIP pick up most of it, you pay $1200 student rate or $1400 regular.  Tell him you are on student loan, and I promise you'll get the reduced rate.

Best wishes!  Welcome to normal college life (after)...

Cheers,

Charles
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Hey I had my op with Fielding done a week and a half ago, at the student rate (1284$).  As for the gym, it depends on how you are healing, though I would probably still wait 4 weeks before lifting weights.  I'm not even 2 weeks post-op yet and I'm planning on starting cardio again in the next couple days.  There are others who have taken more time to heal though, so it really depends on how you heal.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024