Author Topic: Question about healing.  (Read 2829 times)

Offline tr4

• Posting Member
I had excision only sugery on Dec. 24. I had this because i had lipo only about 1 year before that and was not quite satisfied with the results. This is my question. Right after sugery i was completely happy with the results, both sides were really flat for the first few days.  But now my right side has still got some very hard/painful tissue under there. It was actually very big about 2 weeks after and the doc said it will go down and it did very fast, but not all of it. My left side is awesome, but I assume the right is scar/blood tissue becasue i doubt my doc would take out a lot of gland in one side and leave a lot in the other. But i wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

Offline travelingfool

• Posting Member
Can't provide any feedback as I haven't had surgery, but I wanted to ask you how much the excision only surgery was? They just took out most of the gland, right? What is the recovery time like? Did you need full anesthesia?

Offline notanymore

• Posting Member
massage with cocoa butter...it should displace....

Offline tr4

• Posting Member
I think all i had to pay for was the anesthesia, (i forget how much that was) and it was local only, so I was awake. It was a piece of cake, i drove home and went about my day as usual. I took about 3 weeks off from working out.

Offline travelingfool

• Posting Member
tr4,

Thanks for the reply.

So now that they removed most of the gland, does that mean future growth is unlikely?

What do the scars look like?

Did it end wierd nipple sensations associated with gyno?

Any downside/problems?

Offline travelingfool

• Posting Member
Sorry,

Just remembered that this thread started with you asking for help with problems....

Offline tr4

• Posting Member
It's cool man I dont care to answer your questions. I seriously doubt that it will grow back, unless there is an underlying hormone problem or something.  The scars are almost gone and its been 2 months. I am satisfied with my right side, but my left has got me worried. It is still a little puffy, Im pretty sure it's scar/blood tissue because I know my surgeon took out some gland but it just dosent look like it quite yet. And it did look like it right after surgery. Im am just kinda impatient since i had lipo only in Nov. 04, and that just let me down.

Offline babble

• Posting Member
Dude I'm in EXACTLY the same situation.  my right side is nice, still a little empty space going on so it's 'soft'.  I imagine that will be a slow change aided by exersize.

My left side has hard tissue under the excision (the cut), quite a bit, and was sore originally.  The nipple is puffed out a little further (more so above the nipple), and I'm a little closer to what I was before the surgery.  It wasn't like this after the surgery, the increase in puffyness seemed to correlate with the hardened scar tissue on the incision.

I'm confident it's scar tissue and/or blood build up.   I'm going back to see my doctor next wendesday.  I'll let you know what he has to say.  I didn't have to pay for my surgery (canada), and he's compensated regardless so he probably won't give me bullshit.  

Offline tr4

• Posting Member
Yea it's kinda puffy above the nipple. I would go back to my doc. but I would like to  give this some time, because I have gone back to him so much I kinda feel like im buggin him. But yea let me know what your doctor says if you dont' mind, I  feel we are in the same boat with this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024