Author Topic: areols and fat  (Read 1535 times)

Offline anon101

so gynecomastia is never actually cutting the areols, its just removing the fat from under the areols right?
Well, I acutally just had mine done and thats what happened.
I just wanted to see if anyone else had a different experience.  So far so good, 1st day recovering.  The right one is looking reduced, however, the left one is seems a bit bigger.  Hopefully, it will stabalize during recovery.  I never really had a lot of fat, the areol was always just a big and stuck out under shirts.
any advise would be much appreciated
thanks!

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello anon101.

Are you referring to surgical treatment of gynaecomastia in general?  If so, there is a massive range of procedures and equipment that deal with each and every case of gynaecomastia.  No two surgeries are ever alike.

It all depends on the physical make up of the gynaecomastia along with the opinion, skill and experience of the surgeon to decide what to remove and where from.

My surgeon for example, did not cut in or around the areola area.  He went in by making a small stab wound from the crease near my armpit.  From there he pushed the cannula towards my chest and sucked out around 400cc of fat from a relatively wide area, well beyond the annulus of the areola.  After that he detached and cut up my remaining glandular tissue and excised it out - about 50g worth from each side.

Some guys that just have a bit of tough glandular tissue situated just under the areola have that excised out alone - often via a cut around the areola.

But as I say, there is a whole range of techniques and procedures to remove all kinds of quantities of tissues.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024