Author Topic: Scar adhering to muscle?  (Read 2370 times)

Offline nargle

• Posting Member
Even after 1.5 years post op, I still have a little line crease underneath my left nipple and when raising my left arm about my head, the left part of my chest sinks in a little bit like the skin is being pulled back.  My surgeon offered cortisone shots but I've seen the results of his cortisone shots on another post-op patient and the trust is completely gone after the failed op.

His thought is that it is a scar that's tethering the skin back to the muscle or something like that.  Still, I thought internal scar tissue was supposed to dissolve after awhile?  Is this true or is this kind of scarring different?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Me thinks that your surgeon has a big shovel. Sounds like he took out a little too much gland Broh...   :-/

I'm in the same boat as you dude. Both sides concave when my arms are raised. The LHS more so than the RHS. I'm not concerned about it tho. I'd rather have slight concavities than those 'D'-cuppers bounc'n to and fro.   :P

John.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:13:36 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Even after 1.5 years post op, I still have a little line crease underneath my left nipple and when raising my left arm about my head, the left part of my chest sinks in a little bit like the skin is being pulled back.  My surgeon offered cortisone shots but I've seen the results of his cortisone shots on another post-op patient and the trust is completely gone after the failed op.

His thought is that it is a scar that's tethering the skin back to the muscle or something like that.  Still, I thought internal scar tissue was supposed to dissolve after awhile?  Is this true or is this kind of scarring different?

Grr (aka well that's none of my business)  posted about getting cortozone shots (nailed to the wall).  He was very happy with the results.  I have a line under my left nipple too.  I can't really tell if he took too much out, or if it is scar tissue.  It only looks bad if I flex.  Moving my arms around doesn't really show it, but when I flex my nipple winks.  I can't deal with it for too long.  I will post if it ever goes away.

Offline nargle

• Posting Member
Well the thing I'm confused about is that it's the puffiest areola region post-op.  So I'm not sure it it really is too much gland taken out.  My right side is less puffy and doesn't deform like my left side when in motion.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
I'm 3 months post op and have developed the same except on my right side.  My wink is there always, not just when I flex. It developed at about 5-6 weeks.  Doctor said he could go in quickly with lipo wand and do whatever to un-adhere it. But need to wait about 6 more months. At first it didn't bother me because I look so good, but as time goes on I feel that I may as well do it and get my money's worth. What did other doctors do to solve this problem?  Your input could really help the three of us here with this problem.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024