Author Topic: Why you may not get a response  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I just noted that there are at this time 18 visitors and 9 members logged onto this site.

The fact that no one has responded sometimes reflects this in that your question may simply have not found the right person. I will check in daily for a while then I may not check in for a week or two.

Sometimes I will pass over a question because it does not seem to be an issue that I can be of help with.

If the question was asked in a different way, I may have homed in on it.

For example: Since I have lived with gynecomastia for well over 50 years, I would have little to nothing to contribute to a discussion about post-operative concerns. I would be quick to respond to a question about coping with the condition however.

With respect to surgery, I have mixed feelings. In my perspective, it has only been available for a short time. Initially, I wondered what all the fuss was about. but I must admit that if I were a much younger man when it became available, I might have explored that option. For many young men, it truly is a godsend.

I bemoan the fact that there are so many charlatains willing to take the money of people for remedies of no value.

We supposedly live in an enlightened age. If this were really true, our condition would be accepted as normal. The actual fact is that we actually live in an age where our young men and women are trying to fit into an image which is actually artificial. Breast enlargement for women and breast reduction for men are among the most common of surgical procedures.  I'm glad the surgery is available, but wish that we could be comfortable enough with ourselves that no one wanted it.
Grandpa Dan

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Paw, I understand the theory behind your post. But I couldnt say completely. In this day and age... people have gotten caught up in the trend of looking good and such. But I shouldnt be the one to label that out. I for one took it on myself to lose weight and even more so, went through the chest reduction because I was following the trend of wanting to look better for myself, and ultimately other people. Paw, buddy, I really wish we could live in a world where looking your best wasnt always so important...but unfortunatly it is. And you, a rare kind whos accepted what science (or God if your religious ::)) has given you. And we all know it is extremely rare. We have people on this forum litterally at a point of not wanting live anymore because of this condition. The fact you choose to accept it and live with it...hell, more power to you my friend.

Nothing but respect towards you in my books pal.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Don't make me out to more of a hero than I really am.

I went through the same hell as you. The difference was that there was no choice at all. You see the surgical mesthods of Male breast reduction that are now in use did not exist when I was younger. I was 50 years old before the surgery was available in anything approaching its present form.

If the surgery had been available when I was much younger, I may well have taken advantage of that. But at the age of 50, I simply had different priorities.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024