Author Topic: I made the call today  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Well I finally got off my duff and made the call to Dr. Haugrud office.Let me tell you guys the receptionist was very pleasent.She answered all my questions that I was looking for.The doctor is one busy guy.My appointment for consultation in on Dec. 20.I also asked if there was a way to be put on a list for any cancelations from now and then.So I hope there is some time with a better date.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:45:03 AM by Shattered_Nyte »

Offline Carn

• Posting Member
Wow that's pretty far off. Well let's hope you get lucky and get someone else's spot. GL to you man!

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
I hope there is a cancellation soon.I just hate driving on Alberta Highways during winter.The roads get alittle slick.

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
i recently made the call aswell.. the receptionist was nice and she said to call back september.. if i ever want this surgery I may have to wait until sept 2007 :(

does anyone know anyone else that does this in calgary?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 10:17:16 PM by outshined »

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
a year later ???? wow thats a lot ? what surgeon did you call ?
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
haugard.. so do i wait for the best or not have to deal with another summer with the "twins" and go to someone who is less known...ive been working out a lot more and although it looks better than just having them when im skinny i stilll want to get rid of them

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I don't think that's Dr. Fielding. We have a wait period but not this long. 3-4 months is on the card.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
yeah Fielding is toronto i think..  in calgary haugard is the only one i've heard of.. which may explain the year wait.. he's the best here i believe

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Fly to TO dude.  Flights are cheap and so is Fielding.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Fly to TO dude.  Flights are cheap and so is Fielding.

DITTO.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
One word of advice. If you're flying back from Toronto post-op try your best to get a WestJet flight home. Air Canada often has good discounts but I have had my share of bad experiences with them that make the occcasional price cut questionably worthwhile.

I flew with Air Canada to Toronto, had the usual experience of grumpy patronizing flight attendants, uncomfortable seats and horrible in-flight movies...

I paid an extra $40 for a direct flight home with WestJet, that was the best possible decision I could have made. The seats were incredibly comfortable and leather, more leg room, a personal TV in front of each seat with satellite cable (option to pay for movies) and PLEASANT FLIGHT ATTENDANTS!

It was a night and day difference, fly home with WestJet if you choose not to drive! G'luck.
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline Carn

• Posting Member
One word of advice. If you're flying back from Toronto post-op try your best to get a WestJet flight home. Air Canada often has good discounts but I have had my share of bad experiences with them that make the occcasional price cut questionably worthwhile.

I flew with Air Canada to Toronto, had the usual experience of grumpy patronizing flight attendants, uncomfortable seats and horrible in-flight movies...

I paid an extra $40 for a direct flight home with WestJet, that was the best possible decision I could have made. The seats were incredibly comfortable and leather, more leg room, a personal TV in front of each seat with satellite cable (option to pay for movies) and PLEASANT FLIGHT ATTENDANTS!

It was a night and day difference, fly home with WestJet if you choose not to drive! G'luck.

Hm, I'll probably think about going with Westjet. I was thinking Air Canada, but it's too early for me to make my descision just yet.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
If you are flying from Vancouver, Harmony is supposed to be the best.  When I booked my flight, they had the same price as AC and Westjet, but when I went to book the next day, the price jumped a couple hundred.  Apparently their service is waaay better than the others.  You actually get meals, etc.  On AC you have to fight for a glass of water.  If you are on AC you need to bring your own food.  Now that you can't bring your own drinks, on AC be prepared for "sighing" attendants that are massively inconvenienced to get you a glass of water!  You'd think an airline on the brink like that would get their crap together, but no, the attitude is still there!

AC is National embarassment.  I'm involved in the travel industry, and I can tell you that AC is the butt of jokes, worldwide!

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Air Canada always sucks. They are having monopoly against small guys.

I think Westjet is the best choice flying from Calgery to Toronto.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024