Author Topic: Whats going on???  (Read 5928 times)

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
im 8 days post-op and i dunno if its in my head or what but it looks like the gyne is coming back.  When i took the foam pads off of day 6 it looked real good.  Has anybody else have this happen to them, that it looked good when you took the pads off and then it started to go back to your gyne shape??  If u did, did it get better??  Could it just be swelling?? because i have no discolouration or anything but i do feel swelling around my nipple area.  Still kinda sore too from touching it.

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
Interesting you say this bossman - I was wondering same thing.  I was very happy after surgery, but now having some doubts how it will look.  I hope it is the bruising & swelling accumulating under the compression vest.  I am worried that when I get older or if I gain some weight that fat will accumulate in those areas and gravity will start taking over like it did before!  However when I think of how I was before I am much better now.

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
Does anyone know why the full results take up to a year to happen?  From reading other posts it seems it goes like after surgery-good, bruising/swelling-worse, months after-better, near a year-complete.  

Do you agree/disagree?

Could this be a difference in the technique (e.g. Lista's PAL vs. Fileding & others through nipple)?

Or depends on individual?

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hey Guys:

I am now almost 6 week post surgery and definetly seems like it is coming back. When I was on comression vest, life so so much better. Firt time, I wear a T-Shirt whole day in my 35 yrs, of life time. But now, I have to think twice.

I saw Dr. Fielding last week and he is pretty happy with my result (humm..) and he says, it will be perfect as time pass by. Now for next couple of months, skin will be compressed (or shrink). And that will make chest flat. So all I am having is hope !!!
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Does anyone know why the full results take up to a year to happen?

Everyone heals at different rates. There is no way your doc can tell how quickly you will heal. There are many factors involved in the healing process which will determine how fast your body heals. Some guys will be fully healed at 3 months, some at 6 months and some may take up to a year.

All my bruising and swelling was gone by the second week. Another member here reported that he was still swolen at the 3 month mark. It all depends on how your body heals.

Be patient guys. It does get better....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 05:53:50 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline alteredbeast

• Posting Member
Bossman,
I'm 10 days post-op and while my right side looks incredible, I have developed a fluid filled sac directly behind my left areola that is particularly noticable when I raise my left arm.  This has only developed in the last few days...

I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and see what his recommendation is...

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
Bossman,
I'm 10 days post-op and while my right side looks incredible, I have developed a fluid filled sac directly behind my left areola that is particularly noticable when I raise my left arm.  This has only developed in the last few days...

I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and see what his recommendation is...

tell us what he says

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
sounds like a hematoma...
it can be easily removed if you go to the hospital from what i heard.
they will use a seringe to take the fluid out.

good luck!
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline alteredbeast

• Posting Member
Talked to the doctor this morning... he advised me to get an ultrasound in that area and have them aspirate the fluid if necessary ASAP.  Went to hospital and after ultrasound confirmed it was serous fluid, they drained 26cc's from behind my left nipple area using a 20g needle (fluid was reddish from residual blood in the area).

Looks great now, exactly where I want to be.  

Hope that helps anyone else in a similar situation.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi guys:

It is almost 6 weeks post my surgery and I still have swelling. It is near the lipo area. Nipple side is doing ok but on the sides (both) near lipo, swelling is still there and seems like I am back to "boobs" again. Not much pain but do you guys think it is hematoma? It is 6 week post op so I don't think that may be the case but why still swelling and "boobs", just wondering ???
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 05:55:33 AM by tata3401 »

Offline wannaknow

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

Just like what John said above. You will have different rates of healing.

Also, think for a moment about what you went through with the surgery. A probe was shoved into the superficial layers of your chest again and again and again....all the shile there was suction and cutting..

It is your body's natural response to such an insult to inflame, swell, and bruise. You will heal, the tiny blood vessels will reform in your chest and the swelling will decrease, you just have to give your body time.  It takes time because your body must work to re-make tissue, and inflammation is a natural process that can take time to slow and eventually stop.

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
im now 2 weeks post-op and it looks like a smaller version of what i had before surgery
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 06:52:25 AM by bossman »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I am almost 7 week and I still have gyne. Seems like waste of money !!! I will post my picture soon.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 07:33:34 PM by tata3401 »

Offline wannaknow

• Posting Member
didn't your doc tell you it could take up to a year for the chest to to start to lok good? ???

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
I am almost 7 week and I still have gyne. Seems like waste of money !!! I will post my picture soon.

I'm no doctor but I think you should be more patient, your body must be swelling. Maybe you're a slow healer?

Maybe you should remember your chest when you put off the garnment and think that when you're chest stop swelling it will look like what you saw then?

I met Fielding on monday and he told me that it could take up to a year before I see the final results. What are other doctors saying about that? I've also heard that someone in a good shape will heal faster than someone who's out of shape, is this right?

Anyways good luck my friend.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 03:24:19 AM by G-Man99 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024