Author Topic: help where to go  (Read 1963 times)

Offline axkiker

• Posting Member
Ok so I have finally decided to do something about the nips.   Since they hurt all the time  ;) I think I can get my insurance to pay for it.  Now my question is where to start. Who will be the one who actually sends the claim into the insurance. Will my regular Dr. have to say that yes I need the operation. Or does a plastic surgeon.  Im guessing the plastic surgeon will not or they would say everyone should get it.  Do I need my hormone levels checked first by the edonocholist. (however you spell it)  Or are they possibly the ones who say yeah he needs it.

My friend just got a breast reduction done and her insurance paid for it. By God if thats covered this should be too.  
thanks

Offline Hypo-is-here

It makes sense to have hormones levels checked prior to going ahead with surgery.

If you tell me where you are in the world I might be able to help provide contact deatils of appropriate endocrinologist whom you could ask questions of

I would need Country/city and state as well if US.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:57:43 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

My friend just got a breast reduction done and her insurance paid for it. By God if thats covered this should be too.

I hear ya dude, and agree 100%.

However.....

I would have to assume that most women who get a breast reduction have physical pain associated with having large breasts. As insurance companies acknowledge 'physical' pain, breast reduction for women is covered. Some women, I would assume, do not have any pain from their overly large breasts but seek a reduction anyways. They just 'tell' their GP that they are experiencing pain and they're good to go.

Of all the pics that I have seen of Gynecomastia (with the exception of one), not one guy has had enough breast mass that would cause 'physical' pain. Don't get me wrong here, I do realize that some sufferers experience some pain in the areola/nipple area. Especially when the Gynecomastia is initially growing. However, for the most part, that happens when the sufferer is in his early teens and is going through puberty. Ultimately, the young teen is told to 'wait a while' to see if it will resolve on its own.

For the majority of Gyne sufferers, they are not in any physical discomfort. They do however, suffer from great embarrassment and personal shame which can lead to extreme 'psycholgical' distress. Unfortunately, insurance companies for the most part, do not cover psychological distress/pain....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It must also be remembered that the insurance you have is the insurance you bought.

Male Breast Reduction Surgery would probably have been excluded if you have one of the lower cost insurance policies. It would take a very careful reading of your policy to know for sure. Understanding a document which is a combination of Medical Terminology and Legalese is beyond most of us.
Grandpa Dan

Offline axkiker

• Posting Member
Hey Hypo.   Im in Louisville, Kentucky.

help a buddy out and send me in the right direction

thanks

Offline axkiker

• Posting Member
Well here is my experience  Since I have gyno and my nipples stick out. They rub excessivly against my shirts etc which in turn make them raw and painful.  Plus the weird gland/mass behind them hurts to be pressed against

Horrible pain im telling you  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024