Author Topic: Success!  (Read 2046 times)

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Ok, if you don't know already, here's my story.

I've had gynecomastia since I was about 13.  I had everything, puffy nips, large breast area (a big b cup at least), tons of embarrassment for years.  Finally I mustered up the courage to talk about it with a doctor, and it came down to two options for me:

A:  Lipo with incision.  He did tell me that I would likely need a second surgery to remove excess skin

B:  Mastectomy w/ nipple graft.  There would be a scar and less feeling in the nipples, but most likely drastic results in just one surgery.  And the nipple would be in the right place, not sagging too low.

So I went with the mastectomy.  I don't have money for another surgery, and plus when you have a case that was as bad as mine, you don't even care about scars.  Really, I just didn't care.  Get these things off of me!

The surgery was last thursday.  Immediately I woke up with a flatter chest.  I had the drainage tubes and ace wrap with bandages.  Today was my first post-op visit.  I went into see the doc and took the bandages off for the first time.  And guess what, I'm happy with it.  ;D  Yeah there are scars, but they are about 4 inches long under each newly replaced nipple.  They aren't thick at all, just a thin line.  I have contour to my chest, there is no dents or cavities.  Very little swelling, but I guess I can expect a little more now that I have the drains taken out.  I've still got bandages on my nipples with antibiotic cream to help the graft go smoothly.

The other nice thing is that the nipples are the size I wanted them.  No longer puffy, no longer almost as big as a half dollar.  Now they are a little smaller than a quarter.  It seems like the graft is taking too.  Just being careful, wish to god I could have a cigarette, but I might as well be done now.  it's been 2 weeks since I had a smoke, and this is definitely worth it.

I've seen posts that some people say not to go with a mastectomy in this day in age.  In some severe cases, I think that it is some people's best option.   I know it was mine, and so far so good.  I should get my first set of before/after photos in about 2 weeks.  I'll make sure to post them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024