Author Topic: Fielding Patients  (Read 16632 times)

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,

I've been reading a lot of posts recently about fielding patients not getting good results.  Needless to say this is making me a bit nervous about what I can expect when I go under the knife with him in about a month.  I have puffy nips like most of the posters who are having issues.  I wanted to do a poll of guys who had a similar condition and went under the knife with fielding.  Just need a simple good result or bad result answer.  Also how long ago did you have the procedure.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hey Guys,

I've been reading a lot of posts recently about fielding patients not getting good results.  Needless to say this is making me a bit nervous about what I can expect when I go under the knife with him in about a month.  I have puffy nips like most of the posters who are having issues.  I wanted to do a poll of guys who had a similar condition and went under the knife with fielding.  Just need a simple good result or bad result answer.  Also how long ago did you have the procedure.

That's the problem, most of us are only 1 to 5 months post surgery. I'm 2 months post surgery and I still have gynecomastia, a little less than prior to the operation but still have it. But Fielding told me that I would see the final results sometimes between 3 and 12 months after surgery so I'M ready to wait.

I've the impression that my right side will be OK but I think i can feel some gland on the left side (so I'm not sure he removed enough) and the shape of my nipples is still puffy on that side. Since I'm living far away from Toronto I'll wait until 6 months before meeting him again.

I've also look on this board to find posters displease of Fielding after the full 12 months have passed and I haven't found one. Maybe just maybe we are a little bit too anxious.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well i'm 5 months post op but as Gman said, we were said to wait about one year to see the results. i dont feel any gland under the areola but in terms of size, i am definitely back to where i was 6 months ago... i'm suppose to set up an appointment with fielding as soon as i can.

but i honestly think most of us are being impatient. the hard thing is seeing how great it looks right after surgery and seing the boobs come back after a few days. i still think

as for the left side being bigger. in my case they are both back their original sizes, regardless of the side so i think the whole think should resolve for everybody (although some might need minor adjustments)
also i read somewhere that adjusments after a cosmectic lipo intervention are almost always necessary to get the best result. but most people are happy with what they have after the first surgery.

i still trust Fielding to be good... i'm sure he didn't mess up all the guys on the forum, the guy has been doing it for years and performs so many of them, i couldnt see how he could have made so many mistakes.

i say go for it.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Two years less a month post-op here....

Good result!   :D

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
i had lista, but the questions the same:  grandpa, did you still see significant changes from 3 months onward? 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Peter...

No. The majority of my healing was complete by the 3rd month marker...

GB

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
As with others, now I am 4 months post ops. And I had my consultation with Dr. JCF last Monday (8th Jan). And he told me to wait for another 6 months to get the perfect 10. About me, I would say, my boob size is reduce by bit. I can wear T-Shirts without any problem but still it's not flat out chest. So can't go to beach (was looking for Cuba) in near future. That's why little disappointed. I will wait for another 6 months to get the full result. All I can see is, no glan near nipple. And when I raise my hands to 12 o' clock position, it looks great. Simply great !!!. But in normal condition, I see some boobs. Dr. Fielding says it is due to skin. Now on my skin going to shrink and attach to the bone/body underneeth. So that process take really long time and have to be patient during that time. That I am willing to do. Meantime, I have joined the gyme and go atleast 4 times a week. Reduce bit of weight as well. Feel really great and so much confident. This whole process so far really helped but icing on the cake will be perfect 10.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm 4 months post basically today. Under one nip there is scar tissue, but working it daily seems to be reducing it.

When I first took off the tensor after a week my mind was blown by how flat I was. I then went thru swelling and it looked the same as before minus the puffy nips (I did have that "overhang" goin on).

Swelling has reduced quite a bit since then, I can wear anything and I would be happy if this was my final result. However, if it does improve asthetically, then that'll be just peachy.

The nipples are a bit sensitive and seem "hollow" behind them if that makes sense. I think that's the skin  still working to adhere and reshape as the swelling has gone down. It took 3 months for swelling to reduce, and who knows, there could still be some there.

I can foresee more improvement happening, as I've also been working my chest at the gym since the 1 month mark, so I'm sure the added trauma of weightlifting has possibly slowed down the final result from showing this soon.

I've got pics of my 4 month mark which I will post soon on the photobucket page with my other pics which are in the userphotos section.

And as for the topic of Fielding flubbing, the guy is a pro and we have been with boobs so long, that we are all definitely over-eager in seeing our bodies transform once and for all.

I'll wait til 6 months, and then another six before I begin to panic.

ceo

Offline Grandpa Bambu

As with others, now I am 4 months post ops.

Have you posted any recent pics?

GB

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Good to hear from you chopemoff!

Question for Fielding patients: For how long do you massage after the surgery? I'm 2 months and a half after, do I have to continue the massage???

Thanks.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:48:11 PM by G-Man99 »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I never did massage. Nither he told me to do so. I have seen him in first week of Jan (my 4 month post ops) and then also, he didn't mention anything for massage. Should I do it? As others, he also told me to wait for another 4-5 months to see the result. It's just a skin gives me the size of boobs I had before. When I feel, I don't see any glan. But still swollen. I have joined the gyme since 4 months now and feel good about my body.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I am having a consult with fielding next week so will also be getting my op done with him.

So when the operation is done you have some kind of vest that you cannot take off for a week? And after a week you take off a vest and then theres some pads that you dont take off for an extra week? Am i right?...can someone tell me how it is after the op.

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
other way around MRD.  Foam pads are attached to the nipples the vest goes over top and you can control the tightness of it.  The sheet they gave me the following morning says "after six or seven days unwrap the tensor bandages and remove the foam sponge... then replace the tensor bandages."  The tensor bandage has been replaced by the vest so you don't have to worry about wraping that or keeping that tight.  So basically after six or seven days you take of the pads and throw them away, shower and keep wearing your vest for another three weeks.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted for a while... but 5 1/2 months along now.  Had surgery with Fielding on Aug 23/06 (flew in from Van).  I am pretty happy with the results... 85% satisfied with one side and 60% with the other.  I will book a follow up with him for maybe the 8-9 month mark as I would like to adjust the left side.  The problem is that the symmetry is off.  The left is a bit larger which pushes the areola down lower.  In t-shirts all looks great, but definitely need an adjustment.  I highly doubt this will fix on it's own in the next 6 months.  I was a fast healer and had my current result after 7-8 weeks. Scars are not visible.  I did have scar tissue under both areolas but it slowly went away on it's own over time.  I did a bit of massaging at first but not much.

I will get some before/afters up soon... but as i say, i will still need a small adjustment.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Sounds good. So more or less you are satisfied, with a possibility of needing some touch-up in the future?

Im going in for a consult in a few days with Fielding. I dont expect perfection from the surgery, I just hope to have a fix with which i can be satisfied with for now. If need be, in the future i can get some form of reivision for some final touches, right?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024