Author Topic: NEED ADVICE - Possible scar tissue in one side  (Read 1771 times)

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
I'm on day 16 post op and since about 3 days ago, I felt something hardening around the nipple area on my right side, and my right side looks bigger than my left overall, I'm starting to get paranoid.  I asked my surgeon and he said just give it time.  Could it be scar tissue?  How can I be sure?  and if it is, what's the best way to deal with it?  I have pics up (the link is below) if it helps.  I appreciate any advice.  Thanks
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 04:18:47 AM by buble »
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline 37ntired

• Posting Member
I am new to this site and am thinking about having surgery.  Was it worth it for you?  Even if there is scar tissue on one side,  is it better than what you had to deal with before?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
probably just that, he might even be willing to look at it for a minute if you ask, but everyone freaks over scar tissue.  in some cases they say massage gently, like with vitamin e oil, but maybe hold off for another 2-3 weeks since you want it to heal without stress right now.  i've never felt sure that wasn't to give people something to do to help them stop worrying, but it makes sense that it could help.  final results are probably months out. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Well i'm freaking out now because I've heard that it's possible for scar tissue to stay there and never go away, in which case I will end up with an indentation on my right side  >:(  Please share your scar tissue stories with me, I'm really freaking out .....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024