Author Topic: Areola reduction bad scarring  (Read 4796 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Anyone with areola reduction have bad scarring?? Is this normal?? I had areola reduction through donut procedure to remove excess skin. I am 5 weeks post-op and I have deep red wide scars around my areola. I hope these fade in time.  Now I have another thing to be self-conscious about. The moobs are gone but now I have a really bad scar, that's just as bad. Any suggestions would be great. :-[

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
Get some medication for scars,  it will help them fade.   If i had my choice i would take scars over moobs.   Also consider a tat on your chest....lolo

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Yeah, I have tatoos, what's another one right!! hehe.....I'd rather not, I'll try the scar treatment...Also, my areola seems as if they are distorting from the scar tissue, making them look puffy again. I had a feeling this would happen...Any suggestions about that..thanks for the info ddaavviiddd   ;D

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I have some pretty bad scarring too.  I decided I'd be happier with scars than boobs.  Plus, my doctor said that the redness in the scars will go away in about a year.  I can live with that.

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
gyneman, ive have similar prob, but so far the red scars arnt that bad. i see what u mean tho. I think its just how u deal with scarring. everyone is diff. SCARS ARE BETTER THAN BIG PUFFY NIPS!
massage and wait another month or 2, should get alot better

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Most people talk about the scarring being where the lighter skin meets the darker skin of the areola. I have red scars that extend past that area into the lighter part of my skin. Anyone have this happen to them and how to correct. Any good scar treatment?? Thanks

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
Neosporian  makes strips especially made to fade scars

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Thanks for the feedback. The problem I am having is the redness is not on the incision line, it's outside the incision line, which makes it look worse. Do you guys have this???

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
okay,
so im a little confused...???
puffy nipples = areola reduction   :o ,.,,, i thought the lipo n shit would doo it  ???
i have puffy nipples and a bit of gland.. that means i have to spend like 5000$ just to be "confident" about my chest? ^ :-\
ummm... is this is case?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Sometimes patients may seem like they have a puffy nipple problem; however, I also needed an areola reduction

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
soo.. it's probably the gland that is pushing out the nipple? but for some they require a reduction...???
am i getting this right?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
you got it, everyone's situation is different. I had to go through 2 operations because the PS didn't anticipate my nipples to puff out after the surgery. He was mistaken...He said , once the gland is out I will go flat, and for most people this is true. Not my case!!

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
from what i understand, if it goes past the incision line than its considered a keloid and if it stays on the line its hypertonic or something..maybe thats only if its raised though but its just what i read..ive been using a silicone sheet at night and it seems to be workin slowly..everyone on the board talks about massasing..wouldn't that irratate the scar and make it more red? whatever though, better than titties

Offline who123

• Posting Member
When you get an exision and lipo to remove gland and fat, you sometimes end up with loose skin in the arealo section. That gives it an appearance of the phuffy look. The Doc then sometimes suggests reducing your areola and surroundings by removing extra skin. The skin is tightened giving you that flat look.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
who123 is exactly correct. This is why my PS suggested the areola reduction because of the loose skin. Some PS's just expect it to contract back but that's not always the case.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024