Author Topic: 4 Weeks Post Op Swelling?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Im 4 weeks post op today! These weeks have gone by fast!  My question is, when I take off my compression vest, after a hour or so, I notice a slight swelling/pressure around my areola area. Anyone else notice this at 4 weeks post op? Its nothing like it was before but the feeling is still there. I am afraid to workout because of this. Other than that, everything is doing A+.

Vaio
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline vaio

Offline vaio

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
hey man,i had surgery on feb 2, and I'm pretty sure that  i've got swelling or else the area is still healing inside...still have minor pain when the skin around the aeroli is pushed(massaged), but I've been working out normally for qutie awhile now...hope this helps..
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline rcbrown23

Seems like no one has an answer for you... :-/

I remember that after wearing the vest for so long, it felt uncomfortable taking it off. I began to run again at about 4 weeks, but I had to keep the vest on for comfort reasons, and it still wasn't all that great. I would say start stretching out and maybe doing some really light lifting, but hold off on the old routine for awhile. You'll know when your back up to par.

My reasoning behind saying hold off a bit is this: if you still feel swelling/pressure, then the tissue is obviously not healed up yet. Doing any heavy lifting could damage the healing tissues and set you back a few weeks. Like I said, do some major stretching out. Start light and work your way back to routine. Maybe a medicine ball if you have one handy...those can do wonders with stretching out the entire body.

Just my thoughts...                                -Brown

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024