Author Topic: Post-op - time till back on a computer  (Read 3725 times)

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
Got a sort of weird question here... but it's related to when I can start working from home after surgery.  I've been told my case is fairly mild and there isn't a ton of gland/fat to remove.  I'm wondering when to expect to be able to lift my arms and use a computer after surgery?

thanks!

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

Depending on how who experience pain/heal etc, day after, or day 2.  Though you may not be at full speed for a few days.

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
The first thing I did when I got home from surgery was go online... you'll be fine. You will be suprised at how "normal" you feel after surgery. You just have limited arm movement, and need to do everything slowly.
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

DrBermant

Got a sort of weird question here... but it's related to when I can start working from home after surgery.  I've been told my case is fairly mild and there isn't a ton of gland/fat to remove.  I'm wondering when to expect to be able to lift my arms and use a computer after surgery?

thanks!

My patients typically can go on a keyboard comfortably the day of surgery.  However, sedation medications can impair judgement before making important decisions.  Return to activity after gynecomastia surgery depends on many factors.  I prefer techniques with minimal swelling, bruising, and discomfort. 

Check out early healing for patients here.  Here is a slide show of my typical minimal bruising and swelling during recovery after my gynecomastia surgery.

Lifting arms overhead stresses the surgery site and healing tissues.

Comfort after gynecomastia surgery is also a factor.  My patients usually tell me that just plain Tylenol alone is enough to keep them comfortable.  You certainly do not want to be working when uncomfortable or on prescription pain medications. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
When you get home from surgery.  Though you will want to take a nap afterwards if you're going under.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
u`ll be surprised how much u can do

u`ll be wanking before u know it.

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024