Poll

What type of garment do you wear normally/the most to ether hide and or enhance?

gynecomastia vest
2 (15.4%)
compression shirt
4 (30.8%)
nothing
3 (23.1%)
sports bras
1 (7.7%)
other typical bras
3 (23.1%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 12, 2008, 12:48:21 AM

Author Topic: The garment question.  (Read 42730 times)

hammer

I have had ultrasounds so I know that I don't have any more tissue than a normal woman does. I believe that the issue is, we lose the the fat everywhere else first and the breast area is the last place we do loose it.

Offline Johndoe1

I have had ultrasounds so I know that I don't have any more tissue than a normal woman does. I believe that the issue is, we lose the the fat everywhere else first and the breast area is the last place we do loose it.
I believe that is because of the estrogen that caused the breast growth to start with for many of us. We may be male and our bodies act in a male fashion on many bodily issues but on the subject of fat distribution, particularly in the chest area, I believe it reacts more like female fat distribution influenced by the amount of estrogen in our body. Those of us who have a more radical ratio of estrogen to testosterone have a greater chance of our breasts reacting to fat storage similar to women. I can see that in my own body as I have lost 70 lbs and have only lost 2 cup sizes and still am in the DD to DDD cup range while droping to 36 to 38 bands from 44 bands. While my statistical chances of breast cancer is 100 times less than a women's, pretty much every thing else about my breasts seems to track as if I were a woman. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

hammer

I believe that is because of the estrogen that caused the breast growth to start with for many of us. We may be male and our bodies act in a male fashion on many bodily issues but on the subject of fat distribution, particularly in the chest area, I believe it reacts more like female fat distribution influenced by the amount of estrogen in our body. Those of us who have a more radical ratio of estrogen to testosterone have a greater chance of our breasts reacting to fat storage similar to women. I can see that in my own body as I have lost 70 lbs and have only lost 2 cup sizes and still am in the DD to DDD cup range while droping to 36 to 38 bands from 44 bands. While my statistical chances of breast cancer is 100 times less than a women's, pretty much every thing else about my breasts seems to track as if I were a woman.
I believe that you are hitting the nail on the head there Johndoe1! Given that my testosterone is darn near zero or the same as what ever a woman makes as neither I or a woman has testicles, and I am sure that my estrogen levels are very high! It has been years since my estrogen level has been checked, but I have no doubt that it has not gone down.

Offline Johndoe1

I know that my ratio of estrogen vs testosterone is moving more towards estrogen even though my testosterone is higher than the estrogen, but I still see the feminization of certain parts of my body. Chest area in particular with not only the breasts but a general thinning to no hair over large parts of my body that in my younger days were pretty furry. My last hormone panel showed my T level half of the normal level which is down from the last panel, while my E level was considerably above over the max range of a male. So while any physical feminization I may have would be considered mild at best, medically, it's still there and is ongoing and is affecting me.

I still have no feminine desires or wishes to be female, I do have feminine traits, physical and emotional that I can't deny. I firmly believe they are estrogen based. Body chemistry is something hard to fight even though I still am wired male and have no desire to be identified as female. I just now see myself as a guy with boobs and not much else. And I am sorry to say it took years for me to see it through the fear of "becoming a woman." The fear is the worst part of having gynecomastia, not the breast tissue or the wearing of bras.

hammer

I'm in the same boat Johndoe1! Even though I have lost my testicles way back in 94/95, and my testosterone has a level no higher than a woman,  my breast size are larger than many women,  I don't have any feminine desires, feel feminine,  think that way nor whould I want too!

I'm also sure that my wife is happy that I don't either, lol!

Offline Johndoe1

My doctor did consider putting me on HRT to boost the testosterone, but her concern was that the level of HRT needed would exasperate the gynecomastia since a lot of that testosterone would be converted to estrogen driving the estrogen level higher and causing more feminizing of features such as breast growth above what I already have and fat deposits more female like on the hips more than what I have. Since my breasts are the only thing that is readily noticed as feminine, since I have no desire to transition or identify as female, she decided that it would be better to let things take their natural course since there is no real pressing medical reason to do it. The old doctors creed, do no harm.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
My endrocinologist cut me free when my levels returned to normal.  I guess there is no more breast growth for me.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Johndoe1

My endrocinologist cut me free when my levels returned to normal.  I guess there is no more breast growth for me.
While that news isn't maybe what you hoped for (more breast growth), it at least signals no other heath issues. That is a big plus in my book. Congrats on your health!

hammer

While that news isn't maybe what you hoped for (more breast growth), it at least signals no other heath issues. That is a big plus in my book. Congrats on your health!
I have to second Johndoe1 on this one! The last thing you what to hear is that you need to go on a diabetic med or worse yet a heart med!

Congratulations on the good check up Chief!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Sorry shipmate but I am already on Xarelto and some other blood thinner but no diabetic meds.  Just about a dozen others thought, like Gabapentin  And a list to long for this site. LOL

hammer

Sorry shipmate but I am already on Xarelto and some other blood thinner but no diabetic meds.  Just about a dozen others thought, like Gabapentin  And a list to long for this site. LOL
I'm also sorry to hear that as well! Gabapentin did nothing for me so I'm on the real stuff, Pregabalin (Lerika)! No cholesterol or heart medicine, but of course I have my insulin! And I also have other shit to deal with my neuropathy pain!

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Bras without underwire.   I’m a 44B

Offline ChrisM6

I used to use a compression vest in 2017 but it was uncomfortable, especially at the gym, so I don't use anything at the moment. In the past year I am now 44D - my breasts have increased in size and I am now bigger than my girlfriend :-\ Once I have also been confused with a woman who has become a man in the past year, even though I have a beard ;). I can't afford surgery though so I guess I'm stuck with them, unless there is a decent garment out there!

CoffeeAndCake

Yeah compression shirts are the worst they suffocate you it feels. 44D is quite large. You should definitely be looking in to sports bras if you want a garment but don’t want a BRA bra. Bras have their stigmas and concerns with men wearing and understandably so. But if your breasts are that large then I feel everyone already knows they are there. May as well give them the support they are screaming for and put them in a nice comfortable bra or sports bra. I wear t shirt and Demi bras cause they are low padding and give my breasts a nice flush look instead of projecting to the world I also look for bras with slider adjusters on the top or front of the strap for better hiding. The hooks and bands on the back I don’t care about unless I am pulling my arms forward like some macho man muscle flex the shirt even fitted shirts are not showing the details of that.
I wear a comfort bra for work so they satay hidden a bit more and they are designed like a tank top so straps and such don’t show anything odd. And if I am about and about I wear my 34b t shirt or Demi bras and they show off a projection and roundness but they aren’t in your face so I don’t think people see them for anything more than just maybe some man boob. 
Compression sucks give your breasts some breath 

Gino

I know this is an older thread but in summer I manage to conceal them with a maybe a bit too small sports bra. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024