Author Topic: Thank you Dr. Pensler of Chicago!  (Read 5340 times)

Offline ado686

Thank you Dr. Pensler of Chicago!
Hello all,

I came here to share my experience with Chicago plastic surgeon, Dr. Pensler.  I have been lurking these forums for years, gathering information, and it is thanks to you guys that everything went so smoothly.  It is about two months since I had my operation and I couldn't be any happier with my results!  Dr. Pensler is a class act.  He really understands the condition and has the experience to help achieve great results.  There are a lot of surgeons out there that don't really understand gynecomastia and can end up butchering your chest.  I was confident with my choice of surgeon from the start after reading some success stories on here.   If you are looking to get the surgery and live in the Chicago area, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Pensler!

Pre Surgery:

The first time I met with Dr. Pensler, during my consultation, I was amazed at how friendly and personable he was, how he actually listened to me and my concerns, and shared stories of similar patients.  I never felt rushed into scheduling an appointment.  He even referred me to an endocrinologist, at my request, since I was concerned about my hormone levels.  HE REALLY LISTENED TO ME.  After my tests came back positive, I was ready to schedule the surgery.

Surgery:

As expected, I was really nervous the day of the surgery.  I got to the office a little early, but I was getting ready for surgery in no time.  Both Dr. Pensler and his nurse took the time to make small talk to lighten the mood and take my mind off of surgery.  I went through a bunch of paperwork, listened to them explain exactly how the surgery would be done, which he also explains at the consultation, and some post surgery instructions, which luckily you receive a list of to remember.   Once I hit the operating room, all I remember was counting backwards, and then I was OUT.  I remember waking up pretty groggy and being helped into my vest.  My ride arrived shortly and the nurse took me out to the car in a wheel chair and put two bags of ice on my chest.  There was ZERO pain at this point.

Post Surgery:

I remember being full of energy on the ride home with no pain.  I was really happy with the experience.  By the time I got home, about an hour car ride, I started to feel some pain so I popped some medication and passed out.  The first couple of days weren’t the greatest but were bearable.  Dr. Pensler’s office even called to check up on me and see if I had any questions/concerns.  The pain wasn’t intense but I just had surgery for crying out loud, the medication really helped me out.  Sleeping was probably the hardest part.  I always sleep on my side, and I was told I could only sleep on my back or stomach.  Both positions were VERY uncomfortable and it was hard to sleep, again the medication helped save me lol.  After 72 hours I was allowed to take off my vest for the first time and shower.  I already knew what to expect so I wasn’t caught by surprise.  It wasn’t pretty sight.  I actually showered sitting on a bucket because I found standing up without my vest made my stitches feel real tight lol, but I only did this the first time.  I felt very refreshed after that shower and had a good amount of arm mobility back at this point.  I kid you not, EVERY day after I first took off my vest has been showing better and better results and I have been healing quickly.  I was back at work 5 days post surgery. 

Pictures:

Here are some before and after pictures I took.  Again, these are about two months post operation, and still have some healing to do.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:47:16 PM by ado686 »

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
looks good!
from the side pics, it seems you lost some fat around your belly too.

Offline ado686

yea, after surgery I felt really motivated to eat healthy and avoid sodium (to reduce swelling).  I probably lost around 15 lbs in the two months post surgery.

Offline DudeInChiTown

• Posting Member
Can I ask what something like thios in Chicago COST im in Chicago and have lost 15#s since I posted my pictures and Im ready now for the surgery

Offline ado686

Can I ask what something like thios in Chicago COST im in Chicago and have lost 15#s since I posted my pictures and Im ready now for the surgery

This will run you about $5,000.

Offline tba

• Posting Member
Glad to hear the surgery worked out well for you. Looks like you have very good results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024