Author Topic: New here and thinking of having surgery done  (Read 2296 times)

Offline bg188

Hi everyone. I've suffered with moobs for the majority of my life and I'm ready to do something about them. I'm certain I have gyne because I can feel rubbery lumps behind my nipples. I used to weight a lot, but I started exercising in high school and lost about 50 lbs or so. This helped and my moobs did decrease in size, but I still have them. I'm now 24 and its affected me socially and mentally. I feel like I can't really talk to anyone about this. I know my parents will support me, but it's kinda embarrassing to talk about with them. I live in NC and have started researching plastic surgeons around the Charlotte area. Can anyone recommend one? I want to schedule a consultation at the Hunstad Center. They seem to be well-reviewed around here. If anyone has any recommendations or any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. I just feel that it's time to do something about my chest and get on with my life.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Welcome and congratulations on the weight loss.

I live on the west coast so I cannot give you the information you want. Be patient though, someone is sure to log in that is is closer and will be of help.

The sad truth is that once people have had surgery we only hear from them while they are healing. once they make it through to the other side we do not hear from them any more. This means that the  people who can best answer some of your questions are no longer here.

Fortunately there are some excellent Doctors who monitor the site and frequently respond to questions.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Do it, man.  Joining here is the first step.   Read the success stories, talk to the other guys here, and get it done.  You'll never look back.   I've READ this website off and on for years.   I got serious about surgery this past January, I signed up here, probably read every single post on this forum, started consultations and had my surgery booked within 6 weeks.  Surgery date March 22, 2012.   

Good luck to you!

Offline bg188

Do it, man.  Joining here is the first step.   Read the success stories, talk to the other guys here, and get it done.  You'll never look back.   I've READ this website off and on for years.   I got serious about surgery this past January, I signed up here, probably read every single post on this forum, started consultations and had my surgery booked within 6 weeks.  Surgery date March 22, 2012.   

Good luck to you!

That's awesome. So how was your surgery experience? I've read that, for most, it's a breeze. I guess my main concerns are that it may grow back and if I were to experience any complications after surgery. I've never been operated on or put to sleep before so I'm just a little nervous. I really want to find a plastic surgeon who is well- qualified and who puts me at ease and makes me feel comfortable.

Offline xelnaga13

Welcome!

In reference to some of your concerns, you can limit your chance of another case of gyno post surgery by having a solid endocrinologist on board. This will ensure that your hormone levels are stable enough to prevent regrowth. Most doctors will tell you aside from steroid users recurrences are very rare.

However, I am an example of a rare case. I had gyno surgery at 14 and had full regrowth by age 15-16. The culprit was puberty which was still in full swing.

I encourage you to use the board for all the questions and support you need.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024