Author Topic: My parents think surgery can cause cancer?  (Read 2449 times)

Offline craftspace234

• Posting Member
My parents don't want me to get the surgery because they think it can cause cancer. I told them surgery is pretty safe now a days but won't believe it. I think they are being ridiculous.

Are they?

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
Maybe they are confused. It's more often that surgery CURES cancer.

hammer

Ha, ha, ha, my God they do this kind of surgery when you have breast cancer all the time! I was born in the 50's, when more people died because they didn't get their cancer found soon enough or had the medical care that we have today,  where are they coming from with this crazy idea?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
They are plain and simply WRONG!  Surgery for gyne does not cause cancer -- period!!!!

They may be using that "fear" as an excuse for not providing surgery for you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline craftspace234

• Posting Member
Yeah I knew they were being ridiculous. No they don't care if I get the surgery as long as its safe. I'm paying for it as well.

According to them, you can get the cancer because with surgery they are opening up your skin and "things" can go in your body and cause infection or get cancer or something like that... I don't know...

Parents come up with the silliest things. My cousin just recently died of cancer (Not from surgery of course). So maybe that's why they are being like this. But still I never heard of someone getting cancer from having surgery. Ever... I don't know where they come up with this. I just wanted to see if anyone here would say different.

Thanks for the responses

Offline shreyas24

• Posting Member
    • Best Hair Transplantation & Tummy Tuck Surgery in India
My parents don't want me to get the surgery because they think it can cause cancer. I told them surgery is pretty safe now a days but won't believe it. I think they are being ridiculous.

Are they?

May be they have fear and they think that it causes cancer if you take surgery. So the best way is, to show them few successful stories of patients as well as articles.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024