Author Topic: Some questions about my gynecomastia  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Travis16

I had lipo only surgery with Dr. Kevin F. Hagan at Vanderbilt University sometime last November, decided that I was not happy with the result and had glandular excision at the beginning of February. When I took the bandages off from this procedure I noticed that my left aerola was about as perfect as I could ever possibly want it, where on the other hand my right one was extrememly swollen with what seemed to me (just by feeling it) to be some kind of fluid (because if i pushed down on one end the other would rise up almost like a small water balloon). About a week after my surgery i noticed a good bit of scar tissue developing around the incision of my left aerola which was pretty much perfect. That really didnt bother me too much, but the right one was still about exactly the same.

So i went for a follow up appointment and he told me everything was perfectly normal and it would eventually subside, and schedualed me for my final post op appointment sometime in June. So to now (2 months and some change) there is still a tad bit of remaining scar tissue at the incision point under my left aerola. I can tell this is still getting better everyday and is just a time thing, so it doesnt bother me. My right aerola on the other hand, while it has lost much of the swelling bulge it originally had is still a tad bit puffy. When i press down on it I really dont feel anything in there at all: scar tissue, fat,  liquid, anything. It just feels like a small amount some loose skin. (sounds kind of gross but I can fold it and when i flex it just shrivels up and nothing really protrudes from it. It does look a ton better than when it originally did from when it was really swollen up, so i guess thats a good thing. I dont have any pictures but I look alot like

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1112234141

right now minus the fact of the one nipple that feels loose and still slightly puffy because of the loose skin. My good side feels alot firmer and more contoured. Where my other side is still a little loose. Is this to be expected due to the fact that there was so much more swelling on this side than the good side? After these two months and a few days since I had the original gland removal surgery what is the likliehood that this skin will keep tightening up? Is there anything else I can do to make this process speed up faster such as building up better pecs?

I would really appreciate any input on my situation as I am so ready to be rid of this damn problem, and am really really close to being there.

Offline rcbrown23

Dude...sounds like your almost there. My recomendation...start massaging the scar tissue AND the loose sking with "cocoa butter with vitamin E". Also star working out your chest as this should help with the loose skin. Don't over do it, though.

This is just an idea, but what about massaging with a "skin tighenting" lotion. You know, the ones older ladies use to tighten their face. It may help, it may not...but I'd try it if I were in your shoes. Other's will probably say it won't help. So be it. ;)

-Brown

Offline Travis16

I would still really appreciate any other opinions

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Hello Travis,

I would ditto what Brown said,  Give it time.

Good luck
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024