Author Topic: Attention Dr. BERMANT!  (Read 4885 times)

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Grandpa, I couldnt find where you replied to me saying that after 3 months, you were as good as it gets so to speak.  However, when I look at your pics - May 13th, 2005, and Jan. 1, 2006, I see an improvement in your chest from this angle.  Could it be you DID improve (giving me hope) from 3-12 months time, or is it because of working out or diet or something?  But I definately see it as being 'tighter' in January.  Thanks.

Also, for Grandpa and Dr. Bermant, have you ever heard of 'cords' before...I have these damn things - they resemble tubes or like large veins of tissue, that are HARD in my right upper chest (making my upper pec stick out a slight bit), and worse - on my left side - 2 tubes (THAT ARE SOFTER) that go from the bottom of my ribcage up underneath my left nipple, and up along the outer perimeter of my left chest towards my armpit.  You know what I mean?  They use to travel down over my abdomen, but its since gone away there...

If I stretch my left arm up and away from my body, you can even see these tubes on my left side...they are the reason my left side looks like crap, and the tubes are pushing my left nip out...

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 04:22:49 PM by PeterBateman »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Peter...

The only improvement that I can see im my pics are that the areola scars were a tad red in the May 13, 2005 shot as compared with the Jan 01, 2006 shot. I was, IMO, 99% by the 3rd month.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
ok thanks for the reply.  ...if PS's dont do revisions until generally one year, and others say that it takes up to a year to see the final result, there must be hope...just all the guys with improvements after 3 months are generally not on this board anymore...

Still waiting to hear from Dr. Bermant, or anyone with info on these damn cords of tissue...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah unfortunately,many guys who have successful surgeries don't bother with the Site thereafter.

I have hear of other getting these 'cord' type things in their chests. Don't know what the explanation for them is tho. Sorry dude.

GB

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Ya, you having really good results right after 3 months, not having 'cords' and not having to massage this whole time??  you're lucky thats for sure! 

thanks bud

DrBermant

Grandpa, I couldnt find where you replied to me saying that after 3 months, you were as good as it gets so to speak.  However, when I look at your pics - May 13th, 2005, and Jan. 1, 2006, I see an improvement in your chest from this angle.  Could it be you DID improve (giving me hope) from 3-12 months time, or is it because of working out or diet or something?  But I definately see it as being 'tighter' in January.  Thanks.

Also, for Grandpa and Dr. Bermant, have you ever heard of 'cords' before...I have these damn things - they resemble tubes or like large veins of tissue, that are HARD in my right upper chest (making my upper pec stick out a slight bit), and worse - on my left side - 2 tubes (THAT ARE SOFTER) that go from the bottom of my ribcage up underneath my left nipple, and up along the outer perimeter of my left chest towards my armpit.  You know what I mean?  They use to travel down over my abdomen, but its since gone away there...

If I stretch my left arm up and away from my body, you can even see these tubes on my left side...they are the reason my left side looks like crap, and the tubes are pushing my left nip out...

There can be many different types of scars after surgery.  How someone moves is very important.  That is why I take pictures of muscles relaxed / tightened, arms up / down trying to show how tissues move.  Many cord like deformities will show up on my Standardized Male Chest Photographs for Gynecomastia.  If other views better show the deformity, I ask patients to include them for a remote evaluation.  However, the in office examination can show much more than what is seen in photographs.

Yes, I have seen such bands of scar tissue after other doctors' operations, but never for my sculpture.  What scars you get are a function of the original problem, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, aftercare, scar care, how you heal, and many other factors.  Scars do evolve over time.  Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is sometimes an option.  Options are best discussed with your surgeon or someone you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Thank you doctor for replying, I appreciate it.  Just a few follow-up questions:

a) So when you say bands of scar tissue, and that these tissues 'evolve over time', do you mean they DO go away? 

b)Is this something that is AGGRAVATED by massaging, or should I continue to massage as I've been doing? 

c) My fear is that the skin stretched so to speak over the cords will not tighten up after the cord is gone...whenever that is. 

d) You also refer to the cording as a 'deformity'...is this not a 'normal' after-effect of gyne surgery?

Thanks for your time.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
just a BUMP for Dr. Bermant.

DrBermant

Thank you doctor for replying, I appreciate it.  Just a few follow-up questions:

a) So when you say bands of scar tissue, and that these tissues 'evolve over time', do you mean they DO go away? 

b)Is this something that is AGGRAVATED by massaging, or should I continue to massage as I've been doing? 

c) My fear is that the skin stretched so to speak over the cords will not tighten up after the cord is gone...whenever that is. 

d) You also refer to the cording as a 'deformity'...is this not a 'normal' after-effect of gyne surgery?

Thanks for your time.
These are questions better directed to your doctor or someone you see for a second opinion evaluation.  We are glad to help patients from around the world explore their concerns and options with either in office evaluations or Preliminary Remote Discussions.  At the time of that evaluation, copies of your prior operative report, doctors' office notes, and before surgery images can be of great value.  If interested in learning more about this process, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.
Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
I will eventually speak to my PS when I see him again in a few months, I was just hoping for some clarification on the points you made is all.  But thanks for your time to reply.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024