Author Topic: Freedom is near! But first I have a few quick questions  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Heisenberg

Hey all, first time poster here. Im sure you all know the story already; this condition is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I could go on for hours about how it has affected me and kept me from living how I want but I'll spare you the details and cut to the chase. I've spent a lot of time lately reading about surgeries and finally convinced myself to go ahead with it. I live in eastern Canada and from what I read Dr. Fielding in Toronto seems to be my best option. I know the general procedure and his method of removing the glandular demon so these details aren't a concern. However, because I would have to fly into Toronto I had a few questions on how exactly to arrange my trip to freedom.
For those of you who have had the surgery with Fielding already, how long was the wait between the consultation and the surgery itself? If there was some way to arrange a consultation and have an open spot for surgery just a few days later that would be amazing, but before I call I want to know how realistic that suggestion is. Having to fly to Toronto and back twice makes the whole thing much more complicated.
Also, what kind of price range can I expect? I have read everything from $1000 to 3 but apparently his prices are always on the rise. I wouldn't want to fly out for a consultation and then find out I can't afford to have it done at all! Money is tight for me as I am planning to go back to university but I am willing to put it off for another year if I have to. To me, freedom from this torment is much more valuable than pursuing my career as soon as possible. I have waited a year to go back to school, but I have been waiting almost 10 to live free. My sanity is my highest priority right now.
But anyways, thanks for reading and best of luck to those of you who are dealing with this condition. My struggle may be coming to an end and I hope that some day you can all say the same. Thanks for the support!

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
Since I live close to Toronto, I visited Dr. Fielding 3 times:

1) Initial consultation where he measured the assessed size, explained the procedure and risks, provided me with a Q&A opportunity and provided an approximate price. I had already decided that I was going with Fielding so I scheduled my surgery on this day for 10 weeks away. I was given dates 8-10 weeks away, but I am sure that changes depending on the season (a lot of people tend to get the surgeries during the cold months, as having a layer of compression garment for 4 weeks is definitely more comfortably in colder weather. Plus concealment is easy)
2) Two weeks prior to surgery to sign the consent forms for the surgery and make the payment. If prior to your first visit you call up Dr. Fielding and already book a surgery date, you might be able to make a payment and sign the consent forms on your first visit and skip the second visit.

During this visit, he will also answer any questions that you may have and alleviate any fears - I had fears!

3) At the hospital on the big day.

The cost depends on the severity of your condition, but if I were a guessing man, in the ballpark of 3000 including everything should be pretty darn close.

Best of luck!

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
P.S.

Heisenberg the physicist or from Breaking Bad? If its a play on Breaking Bad, money should not be an issue  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024