Author Topic: 2nd consultation booked  (Read 6104 times)

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
I took the earliest which is the 15th of March.   I think they had a saturday around mid April...how did your consultation go?

so there was nothing between 15th march and mid april? that does not sound good for me

i have already booked time off work in early may, which is the only realistic time i can get this done in secret, thinking choosing the date(give or take a few days) would be a given considering it is private.

Yeah sorry mate the next date they had was 21st April or so I think though Nicola is gonna try fit me in near the start of March, she had to sort a few things out with Karidis.

It went good zm thanks, though I was quite ill so didn't really talk much and wanted to get it over with asap. Only problem is I have to get the tests done elsewhere because I had to wait a while to get it done there so I decided to leave and try my luck elsewhere. Not sure what I'm gonna do for them btw because telling my GP I'm getting this done it out of the question.

Btw can you post the blood tests they asked you to get done? I can't find that sheet she gave me.

did you ask specifically for an early date in march. if i told them a specific date do you think they could fit me in round it, give or take 3 or 4 days.
i just assumed if i was giving them 3 months notice they could easily fit me in. this has me concerned now

do you know how long you were going to have to wait roughly to get the blood tests done? if all goes to plan i would rather just get it done with them on the day of my consultation, but i dont want to be waiting around for ages. but i dont want to have to make another trip to london either just to get them done

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
I took the earliest which is the 15th of March.   I think they had a saturday around mid April...how did your consultation go?

so there was nothing between 15th march and mid april? that does not sound good for me

i have already booked time off work in early may, which is the only realistic time i can get this done in secret, thinking choosing the date(give or take a few days) would be a given considering it is private.

Yeah sorry mate the next date they had was 21st April or so I think though Nicola is gonna try fit me in near the start of March, she had to sort a few things out with Karidis.

It went good zm thanks, though I was quite ill so didn't really talk much and wanted to get it over with asap. Only problem is I have to get the tests done elsewhere because I had to wait a while to get it done there so I decided to leave and try my luck elsewhere. Not sure what I'm gonna do for them btw because telling my GP I'm getting this done it out of the question.

Btw can you post the blood tests they asked you to get done? I can't find that sheet she gave me.

did you ask specifically for an early date in march. if i told them a specific date do you think they could fit me in round it, give or take 3 or 4 days.
i just assumed if i was giving them 3 months notice they could easily fit me in. this has me concerned now

do you know how long you were going to have to wait roughly to get the blood tests done? if all goes to plan i would rather just get it done with them on the day of my consultation, but i dont want to be waiting around for ages. but i dont want to have to make another trip to london either just to get them done

Well, I think it just happens so that by chance a date opened up on my consultation. Normally the waiting period is six weeks so I'm guessing someone cancelled or something. I just told them I want it done as early as possibly. I'm not sure how long I would've had to wait but I had to wait about 45 extra mins to see Karidis and then another 20 mins for his assistant though I presume they were just running late and this isn't common. You can easily get them done at the hospital on the day but I wasn't feeling very well and wanted to leave asap so I kind of rushed throu the consultation and thought I'd worried about the blood tests later.

Dot worry mate go to your consultation and explain that you've already booked time off work I'm sure they'll be able to find you a date.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Birmingham,
I'm not too sure what blood tests are required but i think it's to check blood coagulant levels. maybe someone else can shed some light on this?

Also, i do know they are pretty busy and will only give you available slots for op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024