Author Topic: How things have progressed  (Read 231 times)

Offline Sunrae

• Posting Member
     There are a few different areas I could post this under, but I chose here because it largely touches on acceptance, both mine and others.  For a good part of the past two or three months, I have been feeling the sensations of breast growth once again.  I have more and more been wearing a bra daily, usually except for occasions that I know would invite lots of hugging (with family or close friends).  My wife, who initially was startled/shocked when she felt a bra under my shirt, has more and more happen to pat or rub my back to seemingly let me know of her understanding.  I tried to shy away from having her touch me in those areas she would feel the bra because of her original reaction, but I should realize that the woman who knows me so well is going to be aware when I am or I am not wearing a bra.  I've taken her actions to mean that having her own breasts for many years, she appreciates the reasons why I am now often in a brassier.
     The local boutique I buy most of my bras from had a sale during the past month and I managed to make it in.  Now to give the backstory on their business, it is a store that primarily serves women who have survived breast cancer and need breast forms, mastectomy bras, and all things of that nature.  I first became a customer after contacting the owner and explaining I am a man with gynecomastia and asking if they would be able to help me with bra shopping.  That's been over two years ago now I believe, and I return about two or three times a year for new bras.  The owner and clerks (especially one lady I usually seek out) have been simply kind, understanding, and welcoming to me always.  During this last visit, I asked her a few questions about breasts (like is it normal to have such and such happen) and she was so wonderful to listen and give thoughtful responses.  She asked if I had a mammogram, and I shared that the doctor indicated when I reach age 50 (under two years away) that the procedure would be ordered for me.  So from the store visit, between the store-wide sale and the clearance rack, I left with six new bras.
     From my own increase in self-acceptance, that of my wife, and that of the fine women of the boutique, it feels all around calmer, better, easier to have breasts.  The journey for each of us is different, but I hope each can find, as I have, that it can be positive and for others, maybe far better.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
From my own increase in self-acceptance, that of my wife, and that of the fine women of the boutique, it feels all around calmer, better, easier to have breasts.  The journey for each of us is different, but I hope each can find, as I have, that it can be positive and for others, maybe far better.
Coming to the realisation that breasts are normal on either women or men is the first part of acceptance (even if aspects of society aren't there yet). Men have been growing breasts for thousands of years!

Many factors are at play in many cases, and the WHY really doesn't matter. If it's allowed to happen, it's within God's plan. 

Breasts need supporting for personal comfort reasons, and aesthetics (unsupported breasts if large enough are more noticeable). 

You are not wearing a bra for society, you are wearing a bra for your breasts. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Johndoe1

I too have found that women accept my chest easily where men never do or rarely do. For this reason I do not share with close male friends my journey. And they seem oblivious to the two mounds that adorn my upper torso.

A few years ago I was honored when a female friend who knew and had been supportive came out to me she was transgendered and had begun to transition to male and wanted advice on hiding their breasts when presenting male until their top surgery. The student had become the master. We are still close today and still commiserate together. He knows both sides now too. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
A few years ago I was honored when a female friend who knew and had been supportive came out to me she was transgendered and had begun to transition to male and wanted advice on hiding their breasts when presenting male until their top surgery. The student had become the master. We are still close today and still commiserate together. He knows both sides now too.
What a wonderful, wonderful experience for you both. 

Offline Johndoe1

A few years ago I was honored when a female friend who knew and had been supportive came out to me she was transgendered and had begun to transition to male and wanted advice on hiding their breasts when presenting male until their top surgery. The student had become the master. We are still close today and still commiserate together. He knows both sides now too.
What a wonderful, wonderful experience for you both.
Looking back, it's possible that event allowed me the full grace I needed to completely accept me for me. I know I felt differently about my bust after that. 

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
 First off I'm glad you found your way here.  I'm also delighted you have gotten to this point of personal acceptance.  
Your right it's different for everyone.  Having the support of someone close to us knowing helps also.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024