Author Topic: What's the first step to surgery?  (Read 3588 times)

ilikegrapesoda72

What's the first step to surgery?

I am 15, with an average weight; not really any health problems but Gyne and everything that comes with it. My Gyne is not extremely severe, just enough to be seen and make my life hell.

What is the first step? Like who should I talk to?

Offline Porcupine_tree

• Posting Member
What kind of gyne do you have? Is it a full breasted thing or just puffy nipples? You should post some pictures in the picture section if you havn't already done so. My trip to my family doctor proved to be futile because he didn't have any advice for me, but I still support the idea since that's the first place to look. You should see a doctor, preferably your family doctor(if you have one). Tell him you have gyno and that you would like it corrected. You'll have to see an endocronologist and he/she will test your hormones to see if gyne would come back after the surgery(98% sure this is what an endo is for here). You should get in touch with a surgeon, you can find lots of info on them on this board, just ask. Everyone seems to be fond of a certain craig fielding in toronto, apparently he's very good and that's who I'm going to see. Problem is, you're 15, and surgery is generally very expensive. Do your parents know about it? Are they willing to help you? I'd say that's the first place to look before even seeing a doctor. Let us know what you will be doing. Good luck my friend.

ilikegrapesoda72

What kind of gyne do you have? Is it a full breasted thing or just puffy nipples? You should post some pictures in the picture section if you havn't already done so. My trip to my family doctor proved to be futile because he didn't have any advice for me, but I still support the idea since that's the first place to look. You should see a doctor, preferably your family doctor(if you have one). Tell him you have gyno and that you would like it corrected. You'll have to see an endocronologist and he/she will test your hormones to see if gyne would come back after the surgery(98% sure this is what an endo is for here). You should get in touch with a surgeon, you can find lots of info on them on this board, just ask. Everyone seems to be fond of a certain craig fielding in toronto, apparently he's very good and that's who I'm going to see. Problem is, you're 15, and surgery is generally very expensive. Do your parents know about it? Are they willing to help you? I'd say that's the first place to look before even seeing a doctor. Let us know what you will be doing. Good luck my friend.

I haven't talked to my parents about the way I feel about it... one time I was going to the doctor for a checkup and he told me that the nipple enlargements would go away.

I might have another checkup coming up, I might be able to tell him about; that it won't go away...

I'll try to post some pics... might be difficult though :\

Thanks for your words.

PS: I do have GyneGyne, with the gland and all.

Offline Porcupine_tree

• Posting Member
I've been turned away twice from doctors when I was around 12-16. One told me it would go away, another one said 'everyone is different.' It's tough when noone will listen to you. My mother noticed it when I was around 12 but then pretty much dismissed it. I think it would be a really good idea to talk to your parents about it. I know how hard this could be, but you should at least try and tell them it's really bugging you. In my honest opinion, don't wait to have it removed. If you have the means then do it right away. Some people might tell you 'oh it's gonna go away' but I don't think so. I developed it when I was around 11-12 and 8 years later it's still there. It ruined my adolescence. I couldn't go in pools, to the beach, couldn't wear clothing besides baggy black shirts(good thing i was a metalhead in highschool). I suggest you get it fixed now and enjoy your life.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
You should upload some pics, before doing anything.

Offline blackcladlizard

• Posting Member
How expensive is the surgery? What's the max amount?

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
In the US is in the range from $3,000-$7,000 or higher... depends on your specific case.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024