Author Topic: - When can i start doing Push-ups?  (Read 5522 times)

Offline Creative12

• Posting Member
I have had an lipsosuction around my breast. Today it was 10days ago i did it. I have no pains even if i push on my breast?
Is it ok for me to start gym? I want to to pushups really much!

Offline NIN0808

• Posting Member
Not sure about your case but my doctor said 2 months.

BTW.....I would try P90x!!!!

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
2 months seems excessive. From what I've read, doctors usually recommend waiting around 3 weeks.

Offline FreeinVegas

• Posting Member
Yeah I think my post-op guidelines say 4 weeks..2 months sounds like a bit much.  I'm itching to get back myself..I worked out 3 - 5 days per week and since my op (5/1), I've only been one just to walk on the treadmill for 30 mins.  I have to say though, after I did that I noticed a huge decrease in my swelling.  Perhaps a coincidence..but it happened.

Offline rick57

• Posting Member
I was told 3 weeks for cardio and 6 weeks for light weight training then work your way up depending on how you feel.

Offline Creative12

• Posting Member
But i have only had a smal lipo. Is it ok to train biceps today? and when can i start jogging?

anonymous1

My doc told me no lifting for at least 5 weeks and no cardio for more than that BC the blood flowing faster can cause swelling, as someone here experienced. Talk to your ps and see what he says. I wouldn't take advice from others on the internet to be on the safe side, you can really mess up the recovery process if you don't follow strict guidelines

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
I was told after 4 weeks that I was cleared to lift heavy weights and work out again. It's best to have your PS evaluate you and clear you himself. Everyone heals differently and everyone's procedure varies.

Offline FreeinVegas

• Posting Member
Proper form for training even just biceps means you engage your core, including your pecs to a degree.  I'd be a little leary of trying it myself, but I guess however you feel and what your PS says is most important.

Offline x1weak

• Posting Member
I'm about one week out of surgery....and dying to get back into the swing of things.  I need to lose about 15lbs so I just wanna make sure that damn well happens :).  I came a long way....I was 423lbs in 05 and today I am right around 200

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
i waited 4 weeks... by the 8th week i realised i shouldnt have waited 8 weeks as the swelling under the nipples was\is not great.

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I'm about one week out of surgery....and dying to get back into the swing of things.  I need to lose about 15lbs so I just wanna make sure that damn well happens :).  I came a long way....I was 423lbs in 05 and today I am right around 200

Wow! congratulations, thats a real achievement!
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024