Author Topic: Fluid build up, need help !!!  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Dustin

• Posting Member
Hey guys so 14 days ago I got my gynecomastia corrected via surgery. At first the results were absolutely flawless, there was no swelling, bruising etc. A drain was also used right after the surgery to prevent fluid build up and was taken out the next following day.

So when it hit the two weeks mark (yesterday) I asked my surgeon if it was okay to go to the gym, given that I don't do anything which hurts and no chest work either. He said yes, so I went back to the gym, only had about a 30 minute workout, it wasn't even a proper workout, I was just doing any exercises which I knew wouldn't strain my chest, some legs and some arms, VERY VERY light weight about 30% of my usual weight.

There was no strain/pull/pain at all during the workout and I left feeling fantastic, but approx 2 hours later my chest started aching and I found that my nipples went a bit puffy, not bad but you could notice it ...

I know by this point alot of you will probably say " Just go back to your surgeon and let him diagnose it. " I did already go back to him today, I waited 2 hours for him and when he finally came to see me, he had a look at me for about 10 seconds, NO exaggerating/fabricating, literally 10 seconds, and just said it's fluid build up and that my body will just absorb it all and if it's still there 3 months later I could get revision surgery from him.

As you can tell my surgeon shows an absolute lack of interest in my healing progress so which is why I'm turning here for help from you guys.

What do you guys think, should I just leave it and it will go away on it's own ? Should I ask him to drain the fluid ? And how come I had fluid build up in my chest when I didn't even work my chest ! He said that I'm still okay to continue working out at the gym, what do you guys reckon ? And last and most importantly, did this just darn my whole healing up ? Will it spoil my final results ?

If I knew he would be like this post operation I would not of gone to him, but what's done is done and right now I just need some help from people with experiences !

Thanks !

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
Was told that any training could cause swelling/fluid. And was advised to wait 6 weeks. I didn't recover in 2 weeks though so it's individual I guess.

Offline Dustin

• Posting Member
Yeah my doctor told me it'd be okay to train light arms and legs 2 weeks post op, and I wasn't feeling any pain nor did I have any swelling. But damn I guess I gotta stop listening to what he says because afterall he did tell me to only weary compression vest for one week only .... And all the doctors are suggesting 4 minimum. What do you guys think I should do now ? Did I completely wreck the final results of my surgery ? Or will my body just absorb the fluids, also its abit painful too. Cheers.

Offline Dustin

• Posting Member
ANYONE ? I NEED HELP AS MY PS IS VERY UNHELPFUL !

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
2 weeks and you're already at the gym.. My PS told me at least 4 weeks before I could even use a treadmill just for walking. Absolutely no chest,back,or arm exercises for at least 2 months. As for compression the longer the better. After a few weeks I was told I could start to use underarmor type shirts. He also told me no aspirin or fish oils for 4 weeks.

As for your fluid, your best bet is to post a picture and ask on the doctors on this board. I had fluid build up which turned out to be a hematoma. I had to have it drained twice. Good luck..

Offline balagh

• Posting Member
My surgeon asked my go to gym after 2 months.... I don't know why different doctors gives different answers....

Markito

Dustin,

Cardio is good for healing, however, putting strain on your chest to early can cause complications. It is best to stay away from chest exercises for 6 weeks. I wish you the very best with your healing and ultimate result.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024