Author Topic: 2 Days POSTOP  (Read 2868 times)

Offline Chasem

Well 2 days postop, the gynecomastia is still noticeable, but a pretty large difference from before. Not sure how swollen I am and if its going to go down any.

Not 100% satisfied because I would have liked the gland removed... I have the button look on the nipples now.

I know its all about what I'm suppose to think, but if you guys were in my shoes, would you go back and get the gland removed? Even if it costed XXX dollars.

What do you think of the results thus far?

I have a followup in 2 weeks with my surgeon, not even sure what to say. I'm really happy with the amount of breast reduction that occured, just really curious if
i'm still going to feel very self-conscious when i'm not wearing a black t-shirt.

Am I making a stink out of nothing? hehe

[POSTOP]

[PREOP]

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 04:52:16 PM by Chasem »

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Hey dude. You have said liposuction was covered by OHIP?
That is strange, as I am getting my op done by Dr. Fielding in Toronto and Excision and hospital fees are covered by OHIP, but liposuction is not, as it is seen as a more cosmetic part of the surgery. So basically Dr. Fielding's patients just pay for the liposuction part of the surgery, while excision is covered by OHIP. Who was your PS?

By the way your results do look good for a liposuction only surgery, a lot better than pre-op. But Excision would make it look even better to stop the nipple from being pushed out by the gland.

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
As far as I know, OHIP (and other provinces' med insurance) does not cover Lipo, but they all cover the excision.  I think your doctor was misinformed about the excision, and it looks like u will need to have that done at some point in order to get rid of the gyne.
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Yeah it is odd to have liposuction covered by OHIP, and not excision. Its usually the opposite way around

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
two days is just too early to say.  if things have improved as much as they're going to a few months out then you could think about it, i know i'm a no gyne left behind kind of guy myself, though that's easier to say for gland only.  but let yourself relax a little at this stage, it's really not final yet. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I disagree. All the fat tissue is gone, i would say a very good liposuction job. Just Excision needed to take out some of the gland behind the nipples, other than that i think it looks good

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Chasem...

Your results look great dude. Noticeable diff between B&A pics. However, I agree with the other guys that you should have had excision performed as well.

Were you very concerned about having noticeable scars?

So... If you didn't have excision, and lipo was coverd by OHIP, then you had no out-of-pocket expense?

You said that you had 'lipo only' as it was covered by OHIP. Excision was not? I'm confused now. ???
As MRD said.... "Yeah it is odd to have liposuction covered by OHIP, and not excision. Its usually the opposite way around."

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Yes, strange. Perhaps if you go to Dr. Fielding in Toronto you can get the excision done at no cost, Fielding charges excision to OHIP....so you will have had liposuction and excision done at no cost... wow is all i can say.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024