Author Topic: Well I'm back (Post-op diary)  (Read 7684 times)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Cheers. Glad to hear it's working out well.

When are you going to get some pics up?
etc.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Soon mate. Haven't got access to a digital camera at the moment but I'll get it done as soon as I get hold of one.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Hey Doddy, welcome to 'the other side', as they say.  It's all good from here.  Get your arse down the shops and buy some tight t-shirts!
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
 ;)

Just noticed something. What I thought was 'lumpiness under the armpits' actually isn't anything at all. It was just the padding on my bandages touching the inside of my arm when I bought my arms down close to my body.

I found this to be true by briefly holding the padded bit under the bandage off from my chest and made the aforementioned arm movement - and the feeling I'd previously put down to 'lumpiness' actually didn't occur!

I've also been a bit naughty and taken advantage of the loose bit of my bandages and had a quick peak down to see / feel a bit of my chest. It looks and feels pretty damn good, from what I can see so far.. ;)

Can't WAIT to get these bandages off and have a proper look. Nipples feel a bit dodgy, but I really couldn't give a flying f*ck about them. What do I need them for anyway?!

Good sh*t!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 04:39:16 PM by doddy »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Another update. On my 6th day post-op.

I'm really quite surprised at how good I feel. I've read people saying how they struggle to get out of bed for a week after, but I'd say that I'm at about 85% now. I could have slept on my side/front last night if I wanted to, to give an indication of the (lack of) soreness I'm feeling.. but decided against it just in case. Maybe I'm just recovering well because I'm fit and young  ;D

Anyway, I'm going to take the bandages off before I go to bed tonight. I know it's a bit early, but whatever  ;) - I HAVE to see now.. obviously I'll be straight into the vest though.

Thumbs up so far, most definitely.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 12:29:12 AM by doddy »

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Shouldn't be a problem taking the bandages off at 6 days. In my case they seemed to get a bit loose near the end of the week anyway.

Just be prepared for a surprise. Your chest may look quite concave from some angles, but that's normal. You'll get swelling around the edges of the area Levick took most of the tissue from, and this seems to amplify the concave look. And always bear in mind that however your chest looks after you take the bandages off, things will seem to change daily. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Over the first 2 or 3 weeks post op it will be healing at the fastest rate - swelling will go down AND up, the shape will change etc. After a month or so things will have filled out to a better shape, and you'll get a better idea of what the final result will be.

And don't overdo it. Just take things steady, and give your body the best chance of healing well.

Best of luck.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
F*ck it.. gonna go take the bandages off right NOW..

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
DONE IT! Bandages off. I was prepared for the worst but I'm pretty f*cking ecstatic with what I saw if I'm being honest.

Things to remember when viewing these pics:

1) I haven't bothered to clean all the bandage residue cack off, so my upper half especially looks a bit messy. The red marks you see are just the marks left by the bandages, nothing else.
2) I took these photos in the room in my house with the most natural light, so the bruising looks the worst it possibly could do.

I'm on my way though.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/doddygyne/album?.dir=2c5d <--- 6 days post op.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 03:10:55 AM by doddy »

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Looking at the pics Doddy I think the results will be fantastic. Levick has done yet another good job! :)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Cheers! I'm really quite pleased so far. As long as I can keep everything on track, I should be nicely sorted.

How would you compare my pics to yours when your bandages came off?

I'm just curious as most people seem to make it out like it's an utter horror story when the bandages first come off. Except for a bit of bruising and swelling, I didn't think my chest was too bad at all really.

Dave88

Lookin' good Doddy  ;)

Props to Levivk  8)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Cheers.

I just hope the recovery carries on well. Levick has been top class thus far, btw.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member

How would you compare my pics to yours when your bandages came off?

Quite similar. I had a bit more bruising and swelling - you don't seem to have much of either. Should be a good result.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
UPDATE:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/doddygyne/album?.dir=2c5d

On my 11th day, post op photos. The one in the t-shirt shall be named "The Chortlon"  ;)

I took one so that you can see what the insicion looks like. It's clearing up fairly well thus far. It's hidden under my arm when stood normally, btw.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 06:45:19 AM by doddy »

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Funny Doddy!

Glad to see "the Chorlton" catching on.  Your pics look great.

I am hoping to update my thread any day now.  May do it in a little bit but been on a sunday drinking session!

Chorlton

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024