Author Topic: Can't wait for the summer to end  (Read 4659 times)

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hypo,

Good to see you about on the boards again.  Can you tell us who you have chosen to have your surgery with and why?  You are the sort of chap who researches things very carefully and I’d be interested to know who you are going to trust with your surgery.  My own hormone problems are now being addressed by someone I have great faith in (at last), and I will be looking at the surgery option as soon as I’m sorted.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline hypo

Thanks for your kind words Time- (Kevin you too thanks).

Time,

Money has been an issue for me (not working due to long term ill health) so my choices were limited, that said I feel pretty confident in my surgeon.

I will be getting my surgery on the NHS healthcare system in the UK.

I quizzed the surgeon regarding what technique she would be using, how many operations she has performed, what result could be expected etc.

She was the third surgeon that I had seen and was the one in whom I felt most confident (by quite some margin).

She was very confident without being at all arrogant, is not a general surgeon, she only deals with breast surgery both men and women, she explained the best technique for my (I would have walked out the door if she had of said anything different) case which is a peri-areola incision and glandular excision.

She doesn't believe liposuction is required, (she may well be right) but said that if the result is not pleasing that I can be brought back in and have that done at a latter date.

I am happy and believe I have made the correct choice for me and like all people who opt for surgery; I will be in the hands of someone else and just hoping for the best possible outcome.

Whatever the result, I know that the decision has been arrived at correctly with due deliberation.

Time- If I remember correctly you were going to see prof Wass when we last spoke?

I'd be interested to know how things have been going, you could PM if you like?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 01:02:12 PM by hypo »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024