Author Topic: Holy hematoma Batman!  (Read 8095 times)

Offline Demon560

Guys, I just had my surgery. From the title of my post, guess what happened. Right.

I dont know if I have a crapload of extra bruising or hematomas. They look like bruises, but I really dont know. Ill try and put up a pic thhis week, but this is starting to FREAK me out.
Im wondering if any excess movement on my part created this, but I took it really easy, like the doc said. I am post op day 3.  I took the dressings off today to shower (like he said) and what I saw was a decent result, but a whole lotta black and blue.

I guess its kind of hard to tell me what to do if you dont have pics, but any suggestions? Am I supposed to bruise up? Ive been checking out some other pics on here and it seems like most people didnt buise up like I did. Help! :-[

Demon

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
relax, give it a while, bruising is normal.  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 07:51:12 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I though not moving around post op causes hematomas ??? 4 hours post op I was talking around the hotel for hours. I couldnt stand sitting down in one position all day and night. I also took mypointer finger and middle finger and pressed gently around the entire surface of the chest to sorta massage it to mae sure every area was getting good blood flow.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Demon560

sorry guys, I guess I kinda freaked out for nothing.  But I guess thats what happens when you have surgery for the first time :)

Im just starting to get the post op swelling, which is to be expected. I was hoping it didnt show up this soon though.

Thanks for listening/reading

Demon

Offline Demon560

I though not moving around post op causes hematomas ??? 4 hours post op I was talking around the hotel for hours. I couldnt stand sitting down in one position all day and night. I also took mypointer finger and middle finger and pressed gently around the entire surface of the chest to sorta massage it to mae sure every area was getting good blood flow.

Hematoma is a result of bleeding into a closed tissue space, or fasical plane that doesnt have adequate drainage. So the blood stagnates in the tissue space, forms a clot, and then causes tissue necrosis via a mass effect (bad stuff). My reasoning was that excessive movement would disrupt any clotted off, or stable microvasculature, retraumatizing them and causing a new bleed that for some reason doesnt resorb. Maybe thats why they tell you not to overexert yourself? I dont know. Just thinking aloud.

Demon

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
hematomas have been discussed before a little, you could sitesearch it up if you were interested, but maybe not from the prevention angle.  

i could be wrong, but i would think either a dr or an assistant would be friendly to a call for a post op question or two, maybe it depends on the dr.  

DrBermant

Guys, I just had my surgery. From the title of my post, guess what happened. Right.

I dont know if I have a crapload of extra bruising or hematomas. They look like bruises, but I really dont know. Ill try and put up a pic thhis week, but this is starting to FREAK me out.
Im wondering if any excess movement on my part created this, but I took it really easy, like the doc said. I am post op day 3.  I took the dressings off today to shower (like he said) and what I saw was a decent result, but a whole lotta black and blue.

I guess its kind of hard to tell me what to do if you dont have pics, but any suggestions? Am I supposed to bruise up? Ive been checking out some other pics on here and it seems like most people didnt buise up like I did. Help! :-[
Demon

Bruising and swelling after surgery depend on the problem to be treated, surgical technique, skill of your surgeon, what recently has been put into your body (medications and over the counter substances), your tendencies, and other factors. Bruising after my surgery is typically minimal.  Hematoma problems can happen to anyone, but have been very rare in my practice.

Detailed photographs are valuable to document bruising and swelling.  Putting up early after surgery images with the technique used, surgeon, and other factors can help.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
WOW that hematoma picture is frightening.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024