Author Topic: Please advice  (Read 5558 times)

DrBermant

Hi, Am very new to this forum.
I would like to have some advice on my gyno. I am suffering with gyno for last 13 years, Am 28 years old.
Do I need to go for surgery, is there any scar after surgery in the chest or better leave it as it is.. Please advice

It looks like yes, but the views are so odd that it is very difficult to give a fair opinion. Check out some of the Dr.s sites for examples of the type of photos that are customary and try again.

Paa_Paw is right on target. The images are so distorted that little can be said of possible contour problems. That is why I evolved my Standard Gynecomastia Pictures to help demonstrate possible contour issues from different angles and during animation.

Hi, I am attaching my self image, please give your suggestions whether should i go for surgery? is that looks abnormal? if i do surgery what about scar, it will be visible to all right?

expecting the feedback ASAP

If someone should get surgery is best determined during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion where appropriate details such as medical issues, stability of the gynecomastia, and other critical information can be part of the evaluation.

Typical scars after gynecomastia surgery depend on the surgeon's skills and many other factors. You can see many examples on the Pictures on my website starting with this Gynecomastia Picture Gallery and clicking on the images to go to close up views for each patient.

For an organized introduction to this surgery, start from the link below and follow the arrows on the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Thanks you for your additional photos. I do believe you have gynecomastia.  However, further evaluation of your entire medical background is necessary to determine if you are a suitable candidate for surgery.

I would be pleased to provide a complete evaluation of you -- by email -- for free.

Please send me a personal message with your real name and email address and I will forward the necessary information to you.

Congratulations on taking the first steps in getting rid of your problem!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No one "needs" such surgery, but many men are much happier having had it.

You look like you would benefit from surgery a great deal.

Whether or not you are a good surgical candidate depends upon many matters, for a man your age in reasonably good health there should not be a problem.

Again on the subject of "need." This is a very personal issue and only you can make that decision. There are many men who simply ignore the condition and go on with their lives. The general focus of this site seems  to be focused on surgery. I have no idea how the numbers tally up, but an ever increasing number of men opt for surgery.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

No one "needs" such surgery, but many men are much happier having had it.

You look like you would benefit from surgery a great deal.

Whether or not you are a good surgical candidate depends upon many matters, for a man your age in reasonably good health there should not be a problem.

Again on the subject of "need." This is a very personal issue and only you can make that decision. There are many men who simply ignore the condition and go on with their lives. The general focus of this site seems  to be focused on surgery. I have no idea how the numbers tally up, but an ever increasing number of men opt for surgery.

Right on again!

Here is one such individual who I was interviewing about living with Klinefelter's Syndrome while at a meeting that I was invited to lecture for my male chest contouring.

The page is dedicated to the concept that Someone can have Gynecomastia and be content without surgery. He would have benefited from some weight loss in general and then possibly surgery but I never brought that up. The project was Klinefelter and Testosterone and that is what we discussed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, surgery would improve your current condition...

Scarring... that depends on how your body heals and surgeon skill...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024