Author Topic: Post surgery puffiness  (Read 1713 times)

Offline BeLikeArnold

• Posting Member
 ???

I'm 2 weeks post op from excision and lipo. When I take my binder off to apply vitamin E my nipples and chest looks great but after a minute my nipples would become puffy. This is going to go away right? Would dropping bodyfat help this problem?

Offline BeLikeArnold

• Posting Member

DrBermant

???

I'm 2 weeks post op from excision and lipo. When I take my binder off to apply vitamin E my nipples and chest looks great but after a minute my nipples would become puffy. This is going to go away right? Would dropping bodyfat help this problem?

Why not post some Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery pictures to show others your concerns?

The progression of tissues after surgery depend on the original problem, what was done, surgery techniques, after surgery care, method of compression after surgery, and many other factors. I was seeing so many patients after surgery done elsewhere complaining of deformity that I described The Puffy Nipple Complication and published resources demonstrating what I found during revision surgery. Knowing just how any doctors' methods evolve after surgery is a great way to lower anxiety of expectations of just what something looks like. It takes much longer than few minutes for my patients to get their out of garment education before documentation. So all of those early after surgery images you are seeing what they are like. I would not be pleased if one of my patients developed puffy nipples while I was observing them out of the garment. That can be a sign that there is still swelling (something certain surgical techniques can produce - which is why I prefer NOT to use them), residual gland, or residual fat, or trauma to the tissues. I never have my patients massage any wound that early after surgery, but each doctor has his / her own methods. If one of my patients had such swelling that would be different than what is on my web site and what my patients typically get. I would want them to call me immediately so we could evaluate and change what was going on. Have you contacted your surgeon?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024