Author Topic: new beginner, fasttrack surgery.  (Read 2256 times)

Offline newbeginner

so here i am finally on the road, to get rid of my gyne.
i've been living with it for a long time, and what else
is i was extremely overweight too. about 330 plus.
i decided to diet and work out, and now i'm at about 219,
i'm six feet. now what happened is after all that time of being
overweight has caused my skin to loosen up. i'm in my mid twenties.

and no real change in my gyne, i got a consultation and
was told i needed a tummy tuck, gyne excision, fat removed form arms and legs.

and i'm still losing weight.

when i went to go check up at the hospital whos surgeon is doing this, they explained how i will have wise scar pattern which is an anchor shaped scar around the breast. i do not know how the scarring will be on me, because i've
never had surgery before. and little previous scars i do have are faded or unoticable.

so what i have is a lot of loose skin, and i have aparanoia of surgery, but it's really what i want, and need to start living life.

i've been reading these boards to better educate myself on the situations, and find it a big help. but i finally needed
to speak out on my own behalf.

here's the guy who is in charge

http://www.drsidoti.com/AbbrCV.html
http://www.drsidoti.com/ejs-photo-bred.htm

in between  ;D :-[ ;D

thanks for reading,

-newbeginner
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 11:41:28 PM by newbeginner »

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
hey man, well i can tell you one thing, the gyne surgery wont be the thing holding you back, that heals relatively fast for people. im not sure how long a tummy tuck and other fat reductions take to heal, but it sounds like somethign that might take a little bit longer.

Offline newbeginner

yeah i was told after the gyne surgery i'd have to wait like 4 months to start the other procedures. but ah.
gotta start somewhere.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
i got a consultation and was told i needed a tummy tuck, gyne excision, fat removed form arms and legs. i will have wise scar pattern which is an anchor shaped scar around the breast.

Welcome to the boards dude!

An 'anchor-shaped' scar? That sounds a tad drastic. Can you post some pics of your condition.

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
yeah i was told after the gyne surgery i'd have to wait like 4 months to start the other procedures. but ah.
gotta start somewhere.

A member here a while back, said that he had GRS and Abdominoplasty the same day.

John.

Offline newbeginner

it's that the nipples are a bit stretched now, and the skin drags with fat under. so it is a bit too extended from my chest.
i'm being fasttracked for this week, it's so weird that i haven't even met the surgeon, this almost feels like factory work, but i am so so amped for a new life.

Offline mumoft

• Posting Member
I think your doctor looks to have the qualifications necessary. My son is 21. He had gyne excision and lipo,  lipo upper and lower back, upper and lower abs, and axillia, which is sort of the area under your arms that connects your chest to your back.  Surgery was a little over 3 hours.

As they were taking him away for surgery, and I was crying he said, "Mom, everything is going to be fine. I have no choice. I can't live like this anymore."  I realized he was absolutely right and that he was in a quality hospital, with a quality doctor and anesthesiologists, and there was no choice.

He had drains in his chest for 5 days.  He was very black and blue around his stomach and back for about 2 weeks, and very sore. But he was VERY HAPPY to have had the surgery.

I have a friend who had a tummy tuck several years ago.  The scars are really low so you won't have a problem with that.

It is almost 8 weeks post op and my son's a new guy.  People keep asking him "Did you get your hair cut? Have you been working out?" No one notices that he now walks with his shoulders back, and is wearing tight polo shirts. No more covering up with layers and layers.  

That's what will happen to you. You might have some scarring but that will be better than your current situation I'm sure.

Also, if you look on your surgeons website at the breast reductions, you will see that the women have the anchor scar.  It will fade. There are also several good scar healing products.

Good luck to you.

Offline newbeginner

thanks a lot for the support and the words of positivity,
i'm usually so scared of things, but this is one i'm so
looking forward too, thing is i'm told i'd get the tummy tuck after the gyne, because of the risk of opening the wounds or getting infections, so it'll be liek  a 4 month wait.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024