Author Topic: 6 hours post op, checked bandaged under garment, and its covered in blood?  (Read 830 times)

Offline eliteplague

Background: I had surgery today at 1:30 PM, and I was given a compression vest to wear. The surgery ended up a lot of liposuction, with gland removal, although only a little bit of gland was found, but a lot of fat was suctioned out. The type of drain they put me in this little yellow rubbery thing that just stick out of areola (pen rose draine) And it each breast was covered by this tight rectangular large white looking dressing which I just found out was saturated in blood. When I felt my upper left chest I heard what I could describe as water swooshing around when I pressed it (almost like a water balloon). My question is this normal? Because the instruction for my post op say to change the  dressing gauze? I never received any gauze or anything. I'm so confused and worried. The doctor said he might see me tomorrow to remove the drain after the surgery. But all I know is there is a lot of blood accumulated under this tight dressing they put on, with this little yellow tube type thing.

It says to change gauze dressing daily for 3 days? But I don't think they used gauze dressing. And they never gave me anything to take home after surgery. Is this something for the next time I see the physician?

Also how much damage did I do by removing the compression vest for 2 minutes to see what was up?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:57:15 PM by eliteplague »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024