Author Topic: Steri-strips  (Read 5751 times)

Offline LFC

• Posting Member
Just looking for some advice and opinion. I'm two weeks post-op. My doc said I should change my steri-strips everyday. I've been doing it but when peeling them off some of my areola incision scab comes away with the strip. It seems that the scab is not getting a chance to fully form and heal. Doesn't seem to be the best strategy.

Anyone have this issue? Do you think it is better to change the steri-strips less often?  ???

Offline nipman

• Posting Member
There dosnt seem to be a reason to change them everyday.  I left on teh original set for three weeks, took them off and have been fine ever since.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
My PS took mine off three days after surgery and put band-aids on the incision. Those came off a couple days later and so far so good. Is he selling you the the steri-strips? JK but I have never heard this.

Offline LFC

• Posting Member
My PS took mine off three days after surgery and put band-aids on the incision. Those came off a couple days later and so far so good. Is he selling you the the steri-strips? JK but I have never heard this.

No, here's not selling me on the steri-strips! Just said to change them frequently. I feel like doing so is disrupting the healing of the nipple incisions.

Guess I'll just change the strips every couple of days instead unless someone screams "STOP"..!

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I'd say you shouldn't change anything daily. I'm not sure if I know what steri-strips are, but I changed some strips every 5 days. That's how I was instructed to do.

Offline gynoisgone

• Posting Member
I left mine on for 7 days before changing them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024