Author Topic: Whend did you have your stitches removed?  (Read 3665 times)

Offline JJ79

• Posting Member
Hi guys, just wanted to have your opinion and possibly share your experience with me in regards to stitches' removal. I had surgery on March 18 and the doctor told me that I can go to his office and have the stitches removed ten days after, that is on March 28. When did you guys have yours removed? Are 10 ten days long enough? I would have waited a bit longer but the week after the 28th the clinic is on holiday so the next possible day would be April 7, which seems to me a bit too far. I would love to hear from your experiences. Thanks again to all!!

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
i think 2weeks is normal,but as i'd imagine between 10 & 20 days would probably be ok.

Offline JJ79

• Posting Member
Yeah, I think you are right from 10 to 20 days should be ok. thanks

Offline David22

• Posting Member
My surgeon used dissolveable stitches, and some type of glue.

DrBermant

Hi guys, just wanted to have your opinion and possibly share your experience with me in regards to stitches' removal. I had surgery on March 18 and the doctor told me that I can go to his office and have the stitches removed ten days after, that is on March 28. When did you guys have yours removed? Are 10 ten days long enough? I would have waited a bit longer but the week after the 28th the clinic is on holiday so the next possible day would be April 7, which seems to me a bit too far. I would love to hear from your experiences. Thanks again to all!!

Time to suture removal depends on many factors.  I prefer to useA Series of Different Dissolvable Sutures for my Short Scar Gynecomastia Surgery.  Different sizes and types of sutures that dissolve on their own permit me to individualize the strength of each component of my repair.  It is common for me to use 3 or 4 different types of suture for each of my male chest sculptures.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024