Author Topic: 2.5 Months post Op - Where do I stand and what is the truth  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Bris_Tits

• Posting Member
After having surgery on 25/8/08 (10 weeks ago) I'm noticing that my nipples are getting larger to the point where I'm not satisfied with the results. The minimum I expected from my surgery was to at least be able to wear light/tight clothing and not have noticeably odd breasts. Unfortunately, my breasts are getting bigger, and after seeing the surgeon just the other day for his advice, I have serious doubts over the validity of what he was telling me.

I explained to him how the breasts were starting to get bigger/puffier and that I was keen to hear what potential options he had - revision surgery or otherwise. He told me that he had removed ALL the breast tissue in his surgery. This didn't sound right because from what I understand a surgeon always should leave a bit of breast tissue, and if he had removed the entire gland then why did I have puffy nipples that can get erect. He told me that he removed the entire gland, which he said appears as white tissue against a backdrop of yellow (the fat) and then he moves the fat about so that the nipple is properly contoured. He also mentioned something about sutures which I didn't expect. Now remember I had excision only - no lipo. Can someone give me an idea of what style of surgery hes done and how the sutures come into it?

He basically suggested that there is still some post operative swelling / scar tissue that was causing the enlarged nipples, and that I should start massaging it to 'break up the scar'. This didn't seem right though because its 10 weeks post surgery. Surely the swelling should be all but finished. Especially with the great care Ive taken to ensure its recovery (no upper body work at gym) He told me that the size of the nipples would decrease over a period extending up to 1 year post surgery. Again, this didn't sit well with me because most of the recovery should have taken place by now? and if there is any improvement to come, it will be minimal.

I need to know where I stand. After reading a few other post operative posts in here it seems plausible that there might be post operative swelling that will take a few more months to go down. Additionally, there are quite a few posts that talk about the size of the nipples increasing due to scar tissue, and that scar tissue can increase many months after the surgery.

Is it likely that the increased puffiness is due to the scar tissue that is developing, and might continue to develop? Is the Dr lying when he says he removed ALL the breast tissue. I mean I can still get erect nipples from cold/touching.

Something that myself and a lot of other members here would probably like to know: What is the usual progress of post operative gyne, and over what timeframe. eg: 6 weeks post surgery the swelling should be all but gone? Scar tissue increases up to how many months post surgery? Will the nipples decrease in size, and over what sort of timeframe? Can you expect much reduction in size once you hit 3 months post surgery?

Offline user87

• Silver Member
i think that the big question is if the surgeon removed enough gland!
if there's too much gland left, nothing will change (even after a long period of time) ... nips will stay puffy.
i think that many docs tell that everything is going to be well even knowing that they perheps left too much tissue
I think that after 6 weeks you should hava a clue of what the result is going to be. there will be no meaningful change imo after 2 months or so

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
i'm a little over 3 months post op an i still have scar tissue. my aerola and skin around it is still a bit sore and is sensitive. the doctor said that scar tissue can last anywhere from 6 months to a year.

Offline Bris_Tits

• Posting Member
Righto,

Thanks for the replies. I thought there might be someone could direct me to a previous post. Surely someone knows the timeline for healing/recovery from the surgery..... Even if its just based on normal surgery / general surgery principles. eg: "scar tissue develops from week 3 and then reaches a maximum at say week 8 and then needs to be massaged to be broken up/minimised"  Anyone?

I have to say - Ive been applying rosehip oil twice a day now and the swelling has reduced noticeably - this stuff is good. Just wish I knew that they went in through the Areola to begin with - I'd been applying it to the underside of my areola thinking they couldnt possibly go in through the areola itself.....  NOTE to all prospective operatees! Apply to the areola itself if you have excision!

I had a bit of a hard lump that has developed since a week or two ago. I'm told its either a haematoma or scar tissue. It has got bigger since I resumed chest exercises a week ago....

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
if there's too much gland left, nothing will change (even after a long period of time) ... nips will stay puffy.
i think that many docs tell that everything is going to be well even knowing that they perheps left too much tissue
I think that after 6 weeks you should hava a clue of what the result is going to be. there will be no meaningful change imo after 2 months or so

Dude dont even say that, im 4 months pre-op and i KNOW for a fact i've got scar tissue and it isnt gland. Because after the surgery i felt around my nipple and it was all gone.

As the above said, it can EASILY take anywere from 1month - 1 year before its fully healed. Dont listen to people saying 2months post-op you should be healed full because most people are not.

Offline user87

• Silver Member

Dude dont even say that, im 4 months pre-op and i KNOW for a fact i've got scar tissue and it isnt gland. Because after the surgery i felt around my nipple and it was all gone.

As the above said, it can EASILY take anywere from 1month - 1 year before its fully healed. Dont listen to people saying 2months post-op you should be healed full because most people are not.

so ok,
have your nipples been flat right after the surgery for a couple of days????

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Its just like a wound, it depends on the person.

For example someone might bruise right after the operation - whether I did not.

You really need to wait this one out, after a year then you can complain/moan/etc

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I can tell you that from my experience, my chest looked perfect a few days after surgery.  After that point, the scar tissue started to develop.  I'm currently 6 months post-op and my chest just looks a little bit better than it did before the surgery, but not like it did right after.  I know the issue is scar tissue because I can feel the lumps under the skin.  I'll be going back to the doctor for a follow-up visit, so I will request steroid injections to dissolve some of this scar tissue, because I don't want to wait 6+ more months for this stuff to go away.

Offline user87

• Silver Member
I know the issue is scar tissue because I can feel the lumps under the skin. 

how do they feel like????
like gland?? or is it different??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024