Author Topic: surgical tape, how long before removed?  (Read 4731 times)

Offline bobby709

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I got my surgery done on sept. 3rd and went in the next day for the post op visit, drains were taken out and was told to go back a week later. I went back and the doctor checked for any abnormal bruising or swelling and told me everything was fine and to come back on the 30th of sept. to remove the surgical tape from my nipples, my question is...is it normal to have the tape removed almost a month after surgery? I think its a long time but I dont want to call my doctor and ask him this question since he was the one who told me to come in on that date. Also wanted to ask about the swelling, how long before it really comes down and you can see more of a difference, I'm still almost as swollen as the first day of surgery, just a little difference from day one, however it is a BIG difference from before surgery, I can actually be happy the way my chest looks now if it stayed like this, I was just wondering how much more it will go down, or how much longer before it goes down.

btw I will be posting my before and afters as soon as I go back to get the tape removed... and for the first time in my life Im excited about going to a water park in 3 weeks with a bunch of friends!

Offline alphajc

• Posting Member
My doctor wanted me to remove mine after 2 weeks, and keep reapplying them weekly for the first 8 weeks.

But every surgeon has their own routine and I would seek out his advice.

Offline bobby709

• Posting Member
Ok, I guess everyones different, I also have a little bit of a brownish liquid coming out of my right nipple everyday. did this happen to you or anyone you know? it's very little though so I'm really not to worried, or should I be?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024