Author Topic: Mr S - Mr Levick 29th July 2015  (Read 13941 times)

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Was a nightmare to organise. Called Surgery and got referred to seroma clinic at the hospital. Nurses there then said needed a referral from surgeon. So emailed Dr levick and he sent one to them. All that took two days and million phone calls to sort out

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
Nightmare mate but at least you got it sorted, has it managed to stay away or has it built up again? 

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
There's a little bit but I think it should go with compression so I won't go to drain again. How's your recovery going? You should be four weeks now? Are you still sore? What about your fluid buildup?

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
Hi, recovery going well I think? I'm still pretty tender and Have some discomfort at full stretch. Luckily my fluid has gone but it feels firm where it was.
I've now ditched the binder at night after nearly 4 weeks of using it, I think the extra pads under it definitely helped me. I've started to get some feeling back along with the expected lumps and bumps. At the moment I don't fancy massaging until the discomfort subsides :)

Are you happy with your progress so far?

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
So good to know your fluid has gone. Yes it does feel hard to touch sometimes as I'm experiencing that too. I'm still very sore but started massaging two days ago, just few minutes in mornings and I find that the lower prt of my pecs are hard but goes softer when I massage. Couldn't use the binder and vest combo so wear vest during day and binder at night but the Binder is getting weak now so i suspect I'll only be able to wear for another week. So far, I'm ok with the results. Not there yet as I've noticed creases under both nipples due to excess skin but I know it's still a long way. Just pleased the gyne is gone.  A friend commented that my chest seems to be flat now and he has no idea I did surgery so the fact that someone noticed a difference - that's a good thing I guess.

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
It's a great feeling knowing that it's gone, couldn't agree more. I went for a curry with a few mates last night, just had an old spanx vest on seeing as it was only for a couple of hours. I found I was constantly feeling my chest to see if everything was ok lol to be honest I couldn't wait to get home and get back in the vest.
Had my first beer after 5 weeks off, i haven't really missed it like I thought I would!
Did feel great to wear a polo shirt instead of the usual shirt with double pockets!

Offline HenryP

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I've been reading your comments on here for a while now FINALLY booked my surgery with Dr Levick, just wondering which compression vests you recommend? 

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Hey, good luck mate. Macom vests is the way to go...

Offline HenryP

• Posting Member
Which vest did you go for? I'm thinking the 2070L??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024