Author Topic: How long after surgery could you raise your arms  (Read 2622 times)

londonman

How long after surgery could you raise your arms above your head and really stretch?

I can one side but not the other (2 weeks post-op) and I'm not sure if that's normal or a sign I have skin tethered or something?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 10:51:09 AM by londonman »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I could raise both arms with some pain before that.  Everybody's different, though.  I suggest you call your PS ASAP and tell your concerns.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
3.5 weeks post op...my right side no problem.  my left - i feel a stretching pain along my RIBCAGE from my sternum downards underneath where my left nipple lines up vertically...my left nip also indents a bit when i flex - but it no longer indents when i do raise the left arm up (with stretching pain)...

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
5 days post-op and I can stretch my arms over my head pretty easily but I do feel a slight pain on both sides, particularly on the right side because there is more swelling there.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Londonman,

As you know I had my surgery 1 week before you and I still can't fully raise them both at the same time, but then I still have a little swelling under the arms.

I sometimes look at my chest and wonder if I have some skin stuck to the muscle as well because if I look closely there are patterns under the skin, but I’ll see what Mr L says when I see him next week.  His experienced eye will know what is what, whereas I would only be guessing and probably guessing wrong.  He should also be able to tell me how and when to massage etc.  I’ll keep the boards posted as to what he says and what we should expect at this stage of the healing, but I’m not concerned .. he’s the expert and I’m happy to leave it to him.

All the best with your healing.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024