Author Topic: Survey on developing and living with gynecomastia  (Read 10629 times)

Offline Jaku

• Posting Member
1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?

As a teen.  Some growth, I had a larger areola and nipples than any other boy and puffiness.

2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)

No idea, but I liked them, until teasing and shame due to being athletic, i.e. in the showers, and playing shirts against skins.  I dreaded that.

3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?  I lived in shame until two weeks ago after reading this forum and The Breast Life, which is outdated.  I never realized so many men were or had been just like me.  I am 63 and love my new breasts.

4. What is your bra size?  Some debate on that.  I went for a fitting but I don't think she was the best.  She said 42C.  The bras I wear the most are 3XL.

5. What is your preferred style of bra?  I don't know the answer to that yet.  The two I like are JMS - just my size, made by Hanes because they are soft.  They don't lift at all.  I need help in this area.  All I know is wearing a bra has changed my life.  I just wish I started sooner because my nipples mostly point down.  

6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra?
Total comfort, and confidence.  

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
A few year ago we conducted a census of the members about their experiences with having gyno and wearing bras.  Perhaps it's time to conduct an update on the survey.
1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?
4. What is your bra size?
5. What is your preferred style of bra?

1. 67 and no real growth since the on set.
2. Hormonal changes
3. I was wearing bra since the chicken breast came out but for reality I really started on a regular basis after the wife said I needed to wear one.
4. 36B/38A
5.Anything that fits well and is comfortable.
6. Support and comfort.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Roadglider

• Posting Member
I just came back on this forum to see if anyone else was experiencing sporadic growth after their initial onset and saw this survey again.  I didn't take the time to answer it when I first saw it; but figured it was time to put my two cents in now.
1. At what age was Your onset of gynecomastia?  Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?  My onset was between 56 and 56.  They continue to grow sporadically on an unpredictable schedule of their own.
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)  It was the result of being place on a prednisone regimen for an auto-immune disorder.  I was on the steroid for over a year and a half.  Sometime during that regimen, I noticed that I had breasts.  After weaning myself off of that nasty drug and losing the roid weight, nearly 65 pounds, I found the girls weren't going away.  Now they seem to have a mind of their own and grow whenever they feel like it.
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age? I started experimenting with sports bras two years ago at age 57 and started regularly wearing structured bras about age 58.  I'm now 59 soon to be 60.
4. What is your bra size?  I started out wearing a 46A and now I'm down to a 40 band with either C or D cups depending on the manufacturer.  I need to buy more soon; but I'm thinking of waiting to see just how much more growth I'm going to experience.
5. What is your preferred style of bra?  Underwire for sure!  Either minimizers (Bali) or stretch lace cups (Wacoal or Glamorise)
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra?  First of all support for the girls and they just look less obscene wearing a bra now.  It's a trade off of either bouncing and wobbling breasts or the straps and connectors of having to wear a bra.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
A few year ago we conducted a census of the members about their experiences with having gyno and wearing bras.  Perhaps it's time to conduct an update on the survey.
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?
1. 67 and very little growth\
2. Unresolved and am seeing an Endocrinologist now for some answers
3. I was already wearing panties thanks to the wife and when the chicken breast first came out I just had to try on a bra to  match the panties.
4. 36B/38A
5. Padded since it reduces the pain on my right side.
6. Support. comfort and fun

Online Johndoe1

14. Continued slow grow into early 20's to a Type 3 on Cruze Scale. Currently between a Type 4 and 5 on Cruze Scale.

Hormone imbalance as teenager that continues to present day.

16/55/58

38DD

Cut and sew underwire bra with a woman's fitted (reducing the bulk and they are MUCH cooler than a man's regular t-shirt) layering tank top (allowing the outer shirt to float over the chest and doesn't mold to the shape of the breasts) under a somewhat loose (almost flowing but not quite, you don't want it to look like the shirt is too big which WILL draw attention to the chest) regular men's outer shirt. It gives better support and a more natural appearing shape since the cup molds to the breast tissue as it lifts and supports and not forcing the tissue to conform to the cup like molded and t-shirt bras do giving your chest a more feminine look in those bras (even though I do have my share of molded and t-shirt bras because there is no one bra that works for every occasion and sometimes having a feminine looking chest isn't a bad thing and sometimes you just have to do what you have to do) and that makes it a little easier to hid even though you aren't easily hiding 38DD's.

Physical comfort and containment of the breast tissue. Like most men I am large root and shallow even in a 38 band and in a DD cup, that is a lot of tissue volume that moves at will. Even though a bra lifts my breast tissue up considerably and does present more projection than when I am bra less, the lack of movement and the support has stopped back pain and the fold under my breasts are considerably dryer now even though boob sweat is more localized under the breast itself like a women's (the fitted layering tank takes the brunt of any boob sweat there) since I started wearing a bra. The instances of being noticed have substantially dropped. Men seem to not notice anymore (lack of movement drawing attention I would suspect) and when women do (not many) it is usually a pleasant smile, or if they hug me, they will do one of two things, they will intentionally put their hand on the hook and eye connection (you can feel the hand hunting) in the small of my back to probably confirm their suspicions (if they don't notice or don't care, the hand goes between the shoulder blades between the straps and the band and they never feel anything other than my breasts into their chest) and either pat it or rub it as an indication to me they know and will either whisper some encouraging words or as they pull away pleasantly smiling almost signifying "I understand your situation". This has given me the unintended bonus of lifting my self-esteem and body image considerably, which for years SUCKED because I hadn't come to terms with my breasts, and has made the psychological effects of wearing a bra much easier to deal with. I now hardly ever think about being in a bra in public or the workplace. It is just a needed piece of clothing and largely has lost its "femininity" as a whole. I have yet to be called out wearing a bra unlike the numerous times I was called out when I was bra less from both males and females. I wish I had started wearing a bra much sooner.

While women who know I wear a bra do not take me into their confidence anymore than before (I am still "the guy"), they do treat me slightly differently knowing I have a glimpse into their world by having to deal with my own breasts. They seem to be more careful where they put their hands on me now, seemingly to avoid the breasts or my bra and to not hug me as tightly as they used to, more of a modified what I call the faux hug you see women do. I don't know if they do this out of an unconscious normal female courtesy or they are not trying to signal anything.

Anyone who has known me for any length of time sees I have a chest. Wearing a bra goes unnoticed for the most part with them and people I don't know, I don't care what they think. I will never have to interact with them anyway. That is emotional baggage I just don't need.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member

1, 67 Not sure if there is much, 
2. Unresolved
3. when the first forms came out.  67
4.36B
5. Racer backs
6. Support

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member

1.   I first noticed that my nipples protruded more than other boys at boarding school when I was 8 or 9.  I paid no heed until I joined the Regular Army when I was 21 when again I realised I had "excess tissue" there (but not to any great degree).   Nothing much more developed until I started gaining weight in my 50's and then it has been perhaps only the last 12 years or so that have shown marked growth,

2.   A bit of guesswork here but at age 6 I had a bout of glandular fever which (I was told some 30 years later!) damaged my testes.  It fits with other "conditions" (late onset puberty...15.1/2...lack of male competitive drive etc..).  Guesswork only because I have never consulted a doctor (don't go near them if I can help it).  But I can add two and two to get four as the saying is.

3.  Ten years ago I tried briefly out of curiosity as to whether x-dressing would do anything for me..it didn't...and at that time it wasn't so much as a AA cup as an Aaaatishoo!   Taken to them now over the last month or so (but not for x-dressing).  I am now 69

4.  It would seem to be 46B

5.  Not sure as yet...still experimenting.

6.  Comfort, support,  perhaps just a tiny bit of "hidden naughty fun".

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member

I believe I noticed it when I was 10 or 11 years old.  There was growth for sure.  Basically, my breasts grew at the same time as girls in my class.  From junior high until the time I graduated from high school, my breasts were bigger than 75% of the girls in my class.

Unresolved hormone issues as a preteen.

I never tried on a bra as a teenager, but I wondered how one would feel on me.  I should have been wearing a bra in my teen years and would have been more comfortable for me.  I began wearing a bra at 50.  I'm 51.

42C or 40D

Underwire demi cup or unlined lace cup bras

For me, it provides comfortable and managing the movement.  I knew that my breasts moved and jiggled a lot, but it wasn't until I started wearing a bra regularly that realized how much movement there is.  So that's why I usually put a bra shortly after I get out of bed.  I feel I'm more confident because is less movement, even though I project a bit.  The reality is that I can't hide C or D cup breasts, so I'm just trying to be comfortable.  I should have done it sooner.  Having an understanding wife, 2 boys and "work wives" helped a lot. 

Offline taxmapper

First noticed 'something" different at 51. Now at 53 they have grown out and round. Though in hindsight site, they were actually noticeable around 49

No clue, except that one doctor told me at 16 that it would happen around 50. He was correct. There are also other "indications" that there may be more female aspect than I was aware of. 

52.       53. 

4. What is your bra size?  44B heading to 44C

5. What is your preferred style of bra?  padded sports bra, with racer style or "T" back. over the shoulder just isn't comfortable. 

Support that prevents the "dragging" sensation when bare. Also protection (padding) because of allt he physical things I do. 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
A few year ago we conducted a census of the members about their experiences with having gyno and wearing bras.  Perhaps it's time to conduct an update on the survey.

11 or 12 noticed I was chesty at the pool. I experienced growth thru puberty and could pass the pencil test at 14. Had some more growth in my late 50’s and have continued slow growth.

No idea, was told to just lose weight at that time, I was chunky but not really fat. Currently, I am on a prostate med but don’t think that’s the whole reason because recent hormone tests show an interesting profile.

Tried a halter top as a teen but stopped that. Reexperimented at 59/60. Regularly at 61, best thing ever! 61

Currently 40DD.

Underwire tee shirt.

6. What do you see as the benefits to wear a bra?

Comfort, containment and concealment.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:51:17 PM by Traveler »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024